Sign in to follow this  
More D

Sooo, How did it go on opening weeked?

Did any one get to get there goal for the opening weekend?

:rolleyes:

I didn't get a shot or even see a buck, but I did see a few does, some elk and even a bear came by under my stand. I will be after it again this coming weekend.

Arizona Griz.

I had my stand stolen Thurs. morning in Globe, so I ended up hunting from blinds at a couple waterholes. Only had one buck come in to drink, a small forkhorn, in three days of hunting. Too much water around, there where four tanks within 2 miles of each other and all are full. Someone did get lucky as I found a gut pile Sat at one of the tanks. Still alot of time left to hunt so we'll see what happens.

Sorry to hear about your stand being stolen, thats really jacked up!

I was hunting near water on opening day. At about 8:00 a.m. some Javalina came in and rolled around in the mud. At around 9:45 I spotted two Coues bucks working toward my stand. It seemed like it took forever but the smaller 2 point finally came to water. He was at 25 yards but too small to harvest. The bigger buck came in after the other buck had drank but did not present a shot. He was only a 2 point but was about 12 inches tall and probably 14 inches wide. If I coulld have gotten a clear shot, I would have definately took it. You know how bowhunting these little buggers can be! Maybe I will get another chance this weekend.

Travis

Guest Guest_crazyaboutcoues

I'm headed out for the NM opener tomorrow. Hopefully I can get one within 30 yards. This has been the longest workday ever.

I put lots of hours into a couple of whitetail spots pre season, only to discover that the deer in my most promising spot were carp!

I became discouraged, went bear hunting and killed a Booner!

This early archery whitetail thing will be a process. I hope it won't take too many years for me to figure it out.

This is a really important hunt, as now days it is difficult to even draw an early rifle whitetail tag.

I will keep snooping around in the whitetail woods. I did find a couple more coues spots and saw a big buck while I was chasing bears. Maybe I won't be distracted by bears next year (MAYBE!)

Mike