Sign in to follow this  
Ed67

Broken Tundra antenna

I snapped the antenna off my 2018 Tundra and the broken bolt is recessed. Anyone here ever have the same issue with tips on removal?  TIA

5DC6708E-59DC-4053-9665-E3B61592C3C4.jpeg

This is a common issue, you can try removing with a reverse drill bit. Mine didn't work but I got an aftermarket antenna that stayed on for a while. Eventually it fell out though, dealer wants a lot to fix it, basically I don't listen to radio much anymore, just stream from my phone. Research on tundras.com may help, good luck.

Thanks for the tip, I just went out and tried a reverse bit and didn’t get anywhere. I’ll try tundra.com

If  you use a small diameter left hand drill bit to start a hole in the broken stud then change to a larger diameter left hand drill bit the edges of the smaller hole should provide a surface that the lager bit can bite. Use a decent amount of downward force right off the bat with the larger bit. If you have access to a .125 end mill, flattening out the likey uneven top surface of the broken stud first is best. This method has worked twice for me on my tacoma. I don't imagine a tundra is much different. 

• Thanks 1