Sign in to follow this  
NOFX

Great time in unit 32

Here are a few pics from my 08 coues hunt. I have to say that although I was happy to be going home to my wife and daughter on closing day, I felt a little dissapointment that the hunt was over. Hunting with my father and grandfather has givin me some of my best memories and I love every minute. That being said, we glassed up about a dozen small forkies and spikes, never coming across anything with any size. I was able to connect with a descent 2x2 and Gramps knocked one down opening morning. We hunted every day of the hunt and had a blast.

View from my glassing spot on the day of the kill.

post-2335-1226722522.jpg

Some pics of my buck.

post-2335-1226723035.jpg

post-2335-1226723050.jpg

This is the only pic I have of gramps buck till he sends me the field photos.

post-2335-1226723877.jpg

Finally, a Pic of some sheds that I found this year.

post-2335-1226723058.jpg

Congratulations. I'm glad gramps was successful as I know that was one of your main gols for the hunt. I wish I could have spent the whole week out there, but I can't complain either as I had a great hunt just across the canyon. Jack

Glad you guys had a great time!! Nice bucks and very nice selection of sheds! Did you find those all during your hunt?

Amanda

No, I found the sheds throughout the year.

Years ago I used to hunt Javelina in unit 32. I remember the road from Mammoth to Klondyke as being some awesome country, but I have been curious about something for years... is there still that section of dirt road that has carpet all over it? What was the deal with that?