Sign in to follow this  
nooch2222

Shipping a rifle?

On 1/14/2023 at 5:22 PM, Phil Carr said:

The only option for shipping for an individual is USPS. USE PRIORITY MAIL. It needs to go to an FFL with a copy of your Drivers license.

Do you need to put a copy of your Drivers License inside the box, or show the USPS clerk? 

Can you print a Priority label at home, or does it need to be a Priority Express label?  Do you have to declare it a firearm somewhere?

Do you need to get something (info) from the receiving person's FFL?  Does that go on the shipping label?       or in the package?  

15 minutes ago, azbow said:

Do you need to put a copy of your Drivers License inside the box, or show the USPS clerk? 

Can you print a Priority label at home, or does it need to be a Priority Express label?  Do you have to declare it a firearm somewhere?

Do you need to get something (info) from the receiving person's FFL?  Does that go on the shipping label?       or in the package?  

If USPS is anything like UPS was you need a signed copy of the FFL for them to see.

You need to send a copy of your drivers license for the receiving FFL to be able to do his paper work. I print all of my postage at home. USPS asks that you do not indicate it is a firearm on the outside of the box. I have only been asked one time if it was a firearm and they asked to see the copy of the FFL license I was sending the firearm to. I try to not even put a name on the label that indicates a gun related business. For example if I was sending to Johns Guns and pawn, I just put down Johns Pawn and the address. 

• Like 1

Do you need to put a copy of the FFL in the box, or just have it with you at the post office when you drop it off?

I like to print labels at home also.

Need to find a box to ship a long gun in…

Thx Phil,  and we have really enjoyed the pecans.

Thank you the pecan comment. I still have some let if anyone needs any. There is no requirement to put one in the box. The best bet for a box is check with local gun shops sometimes they have some and will give you one. I have break down boxes for SXS shotguns as that is what I collect. If you ever need one let me know.

just a quick reminder you can shiplong guns to a FFL yourself but pistols must go a FFL on your end to another FFL.

Phil, do you collect o/u ?  I have some Charles Dalys that I am thinking about selling. Thanks for the offer on Sxs boxes, the CD’s are all in the original boxes. I will check around for rifle boxes.

Sorry I never read your response until tonight. Lets chat if you still have the CD. I mainly collect older guns.