Sign in to follow this  
cmc

Encores

I have a T/C Encore that I got for the 50cal muzzy but have been really tempted to get some rifle barrels.

Any of you folks have some Encores that are making out to be pretty good shooters?

Ones I have in mind were...

243 for when the kids get ready to start hunting.

25-06 for my wife to use on pigs and other med sized game.

300win mag in case I feel the need to jiggle something manly.

Maybe something small for jack rabbits (although I already have a .17 hmr) maybe 22-250 or 220 swift.

thanks,

cmc

My dad has the 300 win mag barrel that will be going on his elk hunt Thanksgiving weekend. He uses factory ammo for the 300. He also has a 22-250 barrel that he handloads for. I think he has gotten good results out of both. I'll ask him for details when I see him tomorrow.

I have one in a .50 black powder, .243, and 7mm-08. I just recently took the .243 out to stretch it out a bit. I had no problems shooting it out to 400 yards with little recoil, and great accuracy. I like this set up since I am a left, and then my boy can use it when he gets a little older. My next barrel will be a 22-250. Check out a website called graybeard outdoors. Scroll down a bit and you can read a ton about encores. David

Thanks guys.

I'm left handed as well so something that myself, my wife and kids could all shoot is quite appealing. The compact breakdown ability also might work well on some pack in hunts where I can break the gun down to distribute weight and/or space.

cmc

Here is a link to Graybeard

I go there all the time for the TC sections.

TC handgun & TC Rifle

There is also a TC classified section that always has barrels for sale.

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php

The 7MM-08 seems to be a very popular barrel in Encore

and I love my 7-30 Waters Contender.

Good luck with your new upcoming addiction.

Thanks for the info and links.

I had been to GB a few times and ya... lots of info.

The 25-06 is highest on the list thus far. That and a shotgun turkey barrel.

Not really an addiction for me as I prefer to bow hunt but I'd like to try something new for my wife. She loves turkey hunting, hence the shotgun barrel, and the 25-06 is a nice coues/pig round with little drop, well a lot less than her .308. I'd save that for elk.

cmc