Sign in to follow this  
swishjth

Nikon Monarch ATB Binocular replacement parts

Does anybody have any experience finding local replacement eye cups for Nikon Binoculars?

As warned on this forum, I probably should have just saved for Swaro's!

...I still like my Nikon's (for what they cost) but a small crack in the plastic threads of the eye cup became very annoying as the eye cup is constantly falling off. Had to finish up my hunt with old electric tape holding everything together.

I'm pretty sure I can contact Nikon due to their "no-fault warranty" but I was hoping to find the piece locally and try to eliminate any coordination/shipping delays. I'm south of Tucson, wondering if Sportsman's carries anything?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Swishjth,

I have the 12x56's Nikon Monarchs and they took a tumble off the tripod summer 2007. I sent them in and within 17 days they were back in my hands. I wouldn't hesitate to send them in, just write a letter explaining you have a javelina hunt Jan 01 or something and I'll bet you will have them in no time.

Sorry, couldn't begin to tell you who has parts etc. for Binos , but generally the hunt/sport shops will suggest the manufacturer do the work.

Best of luck...

AzP&Y

post-898-1227369169_thumb.jpg

You could take them into Sportsman's and they will send them in for you, but it will take a while. You will also have to pay for the shipping to send them and anything they may charge to repair them (usually free).

If you contact Nikon yourself it will probably take half as long and it will cost you the same amount of money. They like to deal with the customer more than a store, even if the product is a customers.

Hope that helps a little