Guest Ernesto C

My unbelievable Sonora Experience

Guest Ernesto C

JOsdieck,I never heard of anybody or saw anybody having this type of problems,so far I had heard of Remingtons and Winchesters so I don't know about Rugers but remember,the safety is a mechanical device so what does this means?? It means that it can fail.Dont trust the safety so I think it doesmakes a difference in which direction the barrel is pointing.Somebody can be potentialy injure or in the worst case scenario get kill.

All I can say Joe is to enjoy your rifle and have fun with it but always think SAFETY. Take care.

Ernesto C

Guest Ernesto C

JOsdieck,I never heard of anybody or saw anybody having this type of problems,so far I had heard of Remingtons and Winchesters so I don't know about Rugers but remember,the safety is a mechanical device so what does this means?? It means that it can fail.Dont trust the safety so I think it doesmakes a difference in which direction the barrel is pointing.Somebody can be potentialy injure or in the worst case scenario get kill.

All I can say Joe is to enjoy your rifle and have fun with it but always think SAFETY. Take care.

Ernesto C

P.S. thanks for the good luck whish.

Ernesto,

How did the range day go for checking out the rifle? any problems? What did the gunsmith say he did to fix the problem? I would spend an evening in front of the boob tube (crt TV for you younger guys with LCD/plasma screens) and work that action and safety and slam the butt against the floor to see if you can get a misfire.

Doug~Red Rabbit

Guest Ernesto C

Doug,excellent advise!! Yes I took it to the range and it work pretty good,no problems. When I went and pick it up at the shop the gunsmith wasn't there but one of the guys told me that something came loose. I really dont know but I will see him this friday and I will ask him the details.

That day at the range I tried several times (with no rounds) just to see if it will missfire,then I fired like 3 boxes of ammo total while I was zero in the new scope I put on it;so far is working ok.

Ernesto C.

Guest Ernesto C

Excellent and helpfull information diamondbackaz,thanks I really appreciated.

Ernesto C.

Ernesto:

I bought a Remington 600 Mohawk in .243 Winchester the first year they were introduced many years ago.

I used it to take perhaps a dozen deer, eight or nine javelinas in Arizona and Texas and a couple of antelope with it in Wyoming before Remington announced a recall for exactly the same malfunction you described.

Jensen's Custom Ammo in Tucson was a Remington authorized gun repair shop in those days and the gunsmith there did some work on my rifle and sent me on my way. Could be the original owner of your rifle didn't get the recall work done. It was advertised in just about every hunting and shooting magazine at the time.

I never had any problem with that rifle, before or after having the recall work done. I retired it years ago and moved on to other calibers.

Bill Quimby