coocoo4coues

Nikon Monarch 12x56's

I just bought a pair of monarch 12x56's, and haven't had a chance to use them in the field yet. Any of you guys/gals own a pair? If so, what do you think of them?

CooCoo,

I've had a pair for a couple of years and they are my first and only pair of coues glasses. I've enjoyed every hour I've spent behind them. They are not swaro of course but are for the money some of the better optics on the market in that power range. I hope that you have a nice tripod to compliment them because they require it for glassing.

They also took a tumble last August on my archery coues hunt and Nikon no fault warranty had them back in my hands in 17 days and 20.00 to fix the shattered bino tube.

I glassed up my buck at 244 yards in October and put him down with one shot. Would have never seen that buck if it weren't for the Monarch's.

I think they do really well when you use them as a digiscope. Try taking digital pics through the eye-piece. I've had decent success...

Good luck glassing and I think in the end you'll be pleased!

AzP&Y

post-898-1228362089_thumb.jpg

post-898-1228362169_thumb.jpg

CooCoo,

I've had a pair for a couple of years and they are my first and only pair of coues glasses. I've enjoyed every hour I've spent behind them. They are not swaro of course but are for the money some of the better optics on the market in that power range. I hope that you have a nice tripod to compliment them because they require it for glassing.

They also took a tumble last August on my archery coues hunt and Nikon no fault warranty had them back in my hands in 17 days and 20.00 to fix the shattered bino tube.

I glassed up my buck at 244 yards in October and put him down with one shot. Would have never seen that buck if it weren't for the Monarch's.

I think they do really well when you use them as a digiscope. Try taking digital pics through the eye-piece. I've had decent success...

Good luck glassing and I think in the end you'll be pleased!

AzP&Y

What kind of tripod do you recommend? Not looking to spend much.

What kind of tripod do you recommend? Not looking to spend much

I have the velbon sherpa. I believe that Amanda has some tripod options avail in the coues store... Another option would be to use the search option on the site and there have been some good suggestions over the years.

There are some nice carbon fiber tripods on the market as well. It's nice to have a fluid,lite and strurdy tri-pod for glassing.

Good luck and hope you glass up a TOAD!

AzP&Y

What kind of tripod do you recommend? Not looking to spend much

I have the velbon sherpa. I believe that Amanda has some tripod options avail in the coues store... Another option would be to use the search option on the site and there have been some good suggestions over the years.

There are some nice carbon fiber tripods on the market as well. It's nice to have a fluid,lite and strurdy tri-pod for glassing.

Good luck and hope you glass up a TOAD!

AzP&Y

Thanks for the tip. Where did you take those pics? That territory looks very familiar. :huh:

I wish Nikon would make 15x56 Monarchs, anyone know if this is in the works?

Thanks for the tip. Where did you take those pics? That territory looks very familiar

wish Nikon would make 15x56 Monarchs, anyone know if this is in the works

Top pic is from 33... bottom pic is from 36 b...

If they made 15x56's i'd be on those like ticks on a hound! :lol: :P

AzP&Y

I bought a pair last year and i love them i have the nikon bipod also and it works great. I would jump alover it if the made a 15x56 love my binos. glass for hours and dont give me a headache

I have these as well and love them, never been uncomfortable behind them. Would also like to see a 15x but the 12 do give you enough magnification with an improved field of view. I also bought the Nikon Prostaff 20-60 x 82 spotter and upgraded to a beefier Manfrotto tripod that has a sweet head for easy panning, BTW the swaro adapter that Amanda has in the store fits the Nikon Monarchs great.

Hey tio Congrats on your great binoculars. hope you like em. Now we can spot the flees on the deers body. :lol:

Hey, mijo...That's right, we can do some serious glassing now!

;)

I have also had these binos for over two years and love them. I wish they would come out with a 15X i would buy them in a minute. Enjoy the glasses.