Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Any knifesmith's on here? Have a question.

I have bought a few knives for friends from Bucks Custom Shop over the last couple of years mostly as gifts. Now I order the S30V blades and realize these are mass produced and they are shaving sharp, but.

Being an anal Sum'Bitch with an engineering background one thing that bugs me is one side of the blade has a different angle  than the other maybe ground 10 thousands higher but both edges have quite a bit of what I call "chatter".  Can I use a ceramic rod to smooth it down? I'm probably the  only guy who can take a reasonably sharp know make it duller attempting to sharpen it.

Maybe a leather strop or a buffing wheel should be what is needed to clean it up. If anyone knows someone in the East Valley who has experience I would appreciate it. I'm not looking for a professional service where I have to drop it off. I just want those ridges gone on a 110.

😛10 thousandths higher, This is a knife not a rolex, right 

sharpen it up with a stone and you’ll get the machining marks right out. Takes a bit of practice but once you get the hang of it you can make a knife shave sharp in a couple min

use a water stone for a mirror bevel 

• Like 1

The Lansky and the Work Sharp systems both have you establish the initial angle for their systems with a rather coarse surface and then progress down to a very fine surface.  The intial angles would conform and the previous grinding marks will be gone.  OR you can just take it to a knive sharpener.  There is one at the local farmers market down here in NW Tucson and I suspect the same is true up there.