Sign in to follow this  
thunderbolt

my weekend trip

This was my weekend. I sat a really well used trail saturday and sunday only seeing does. During these blizzard like conditions the deer were still moving which gave me the motivation to stay longer. all in all i saw about 10 does a day. I also got this buck on my camera (time is wrong). enjoy

post-610-1229403163.jpg

post-610-1229403170.jpg

post-610-1229403177.jpg

post-610-1229403187.jpg

post-610-1229403194.jpg

post-610-1229403205.jpg

Neat picture of your blind tucked away in the trees and snow. And that buck looks like he has a mark showing you where to shoot him!

Amanda

That's looks like an old hunting accident to me. LOL!

I think I recognize that road....I backpacked up the west side this weekend. Pitching my tent, the number of deer sign sunk into my tired mind, and I simply covered up the gear with my coat, a poncho and some branches. I dozed off, awoke, and fumbled with the army poncho hood. The fumbling made the out-of-nowhere spike buck 13 yards away take notice of "something", namely me. He played the game of eating, looking, until a doe came in between us. I took a picture, and spooked the doe, and horny friend.

Several more deer came in at dusk.

Lots of fresh sign up there. A large buck and friends were suprised to see me hiking down.