Roboz

Brush Pants Kuiu or First Lite

Has anyone tried either of these brush pants, either the Kuiu Pro Brush or First Lite Sawbuck? Leaning towards the sawbuck but wanted to see if any one else was using them for quail and deer hunting, if so what do you like / dislike?

First Lite Sawbucks are the real deal. The only hot to cool weather pant I wear now. Work well. Very durable.  Want to try the Kuiu as the vents and pocket layout is a bit more diverse...

• Like 2

Good to know, i’m not sure the Kuiu are worth an additional $40. I may order some of the sawbucks, i did a little online research and everything sounds positive 

Those Kuiu with the vents may be nice during quail hunts. Tempting.  I have an old pair of Cabelas briar pants that work well in the catclaw and have been on most of the Coues hunts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roboz said:

Good to know, i’m not sure the Kuiu are worth an additional $40. I may order some of the sawbucks, i did a little online research and everything sounds positive 

I am hard on my stuff and have put them through heck. Cannot say enough good things about the Sawbucks. Literally only bitch is I wish they had side pockets. 

Ventilation would be good like the Kuiu but they are a very light pant to begin with and I really haven't ever wished for ventilation although it would likely be nice. I was very skeptical at first when I saw how lightweight they were but 3+ years later skepticism has long been a past thought...

• Like 1

Thats true, those vents might be well worth it in the early season. I do like the pocket layout better on the Kuiu, just need to talk myself into one or the other.

I am west Surprise so thats a bit of a drive, i might order both and send back which ever ones i like the least. Thanks for the offer though