Sign in to follow this  
briant_az

Advice on cold weather states

I worked in Wyoming and sometimes Montana for 4 years and never could get used to the freezing cold winters that started in September some years. I don’t miss those cold winters and snow when I’m doing work around the house here in January. Good luck with it.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone that commented on this post. Some good insight going both ways. 
We did just list the house for sale, so one step closer to getting to Montana. Thought I would post the Zillow link here just in case any of you are looking for a new home! 

I did a church mission to Montana in my early years.  Missoula is pretty and nice. Winter time is gloomy all winter long.  Lots of white tail to choose from.  Butte is a neat town but I wouldn't want to move there.  Bozeman is a great town and has lot more sunny days than Missoula.  Spent 6 months from spring to Fall in Kailspell. Winters are dark as well.   I only drove through Helena so not sure about the weather during winter time.  But from what I hear Helena is nice as well.  Really all you are doing is trading the same type of crazy weather in AZ just the opposite of us who live in Phx area.  Its been 20 years but they used to have a package deal.  White tail, mule deer and an elk tag.  The hunts starts Archery if want to use bow in Sept.  You have the whole month, then rifle starts up from Oct to sometime in Nov.  So hunting season is lot longer.   But Montana is slowly turning into California of the mountains right now,  Residents were complaining about that in 2001 when I was there.  But one thing is for sure.  Fishing is lot better there than AZ.  But every time I talked to a local hunter they wanted to hear about AZ big bulls LOL