Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Anyone in the remediation biz? Can I pick your brain?

Like the title says...   Got a job which will include remediation, Id like to chase the work as I've been a sub for these companies many times but never the GC. Just renewed my remodel license but I know I need certs.  Thanks

Mold.  We already replaced roof.  Gotta go in and rip out the rock, insulation mold etc before we can bid on redoing the interior.  

https://www.google.com/search?q=usepa+guidance+manual+interior+mold+restoration&oq=usepa+guidance+manual+interior+mold+restoration&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOdIBDTEwOTU3MjgyajBqMTWoAgCwAgA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

This might be a start.  Depending on how these manuals are put together you might only need to skim the headlines.   Without knowing much about it, I would be thinking tyvek head to toe, respirators, UV lamps, fans, chlorine spray, etc.  Decon at end of shift before jumping in vehicles and going home.  I don't believe biohazard handling needed, but might check w landfill.   

Would also be mindful of possible asbestos depending on year of construction.  If something looks suspicious, pretty easy to sample and get to lab with results in a couple days.

Hopefully someone on the forum with recent experience in AZ can weigh in. 

• Thanks 1

HUGE shout out to @Flingingarrowsbro.  Not only did this dude point me in the right direction he let me know my first estimate was too low.  Super great dude and we have already done business together.  Thanks bro, just found out I got that job!

If anyone here ever needs a solid remediation company hit up Bridger at Western Restoration 

• Like 3