codyhuntsaz

WTB Tall carbon tripod

Looking at the Slik 633 or something like that. Also looking at the Tricer AD. I want something I can stand and glass with and I’m 6’3-6’4 in hunting boots. Thought I’d see if anyone here is looking to unload something like that. 

16 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Man, good luck. At 6'2,  even with a tall outdoorsmans stud I've yet to find s unhinged. 

I have an older aluminum Slik that I bought their center column extension and that could work for someone 6’6 or so. I’m just looking for something lighter and newer, my current tripod is 15+ yeas old or so. 

I would love to do just that and thanks for the recommendation. The problem is trying to shave weight (the recommended one weighs 5.5 lbs without a head.) I know I’m looking for a unicorn, but thought someone might have one they want to get rid of or a suggestion I hadn’t looked in to. Most of my time is spent glassing while seated, but when I do stand I have to extend the center column. To help combat that I’m looking for one with thicker legs at the bottom, like the Slik 633 or the Tricer. I really like what they did by flipping the girth of the leg sections.