Sign in to follow this  
fobshooter

Got a Fob Questions?

Howdy! My name is Josh Jackson an I do the tech support for Starrflight the maker of the FOB. I am not here to sell anything. I just noticed alot of talk about the FOB and just wanted to anwser any questions anyone may have. Thanks

Howdy! My name is Josh Jackson an I do the tech support for Starrflight the maker of the FOB. I am not here to sell anything. I just noticed alot of talk about the FOB and just wanted to anwser any questions anyone may have. Thanks

OMG they let Josh on this site. how you doing man its dennis. Oh by the way killed another COUES on the Fort last week

fobs weigh about 24 grn as oppose to the vanes which are about 15-18 grns.

Hey beans still shooting those pet deer on base come out of your high fenced hunting refuge and wack some coues! I am seriously just messin with you awesome job keep it up.

you guys are just jealous that you cant hunt here on the game farm. there were a couple monsters taken this year off the fort. once I get all the pics combined Ill post them.

Hey FOB shooter dude, can you tell me the rate of rotational spin per every foot of travel?? Are tests done to compare arrow stabilization versus vanes? I hear the FOB's stabilize a fixed blade head quicker than vanes.

The terminal spin rate of the FOB is about the same as a typical helical fletch. However wind tunnel data indicates the FOB will achieve terminal spin approximately 4 times faster then a fletch. We are not trying to spin a broadhead faster, we are simply trying to achieve terminal spin rate quicker. In a nutshell the FOB applies more torque with the same terminal spin rate.

How do they affect shots that would normally be a pass-through? Do the FOB's fall/break off?

You have talked about the positives of FOB's. What are the down falls of FOB's?

The fob and nock pop of within 5 feet of the hit on a pass through and always stay attached so then you go over and pick them up pop them back on your bloody arrow and get to tracking. I have never seen the fob break on a pass through on an animal.

How do they affect shots that would normally be a pass-through? Do the FOB's fall/break off?

You have talked about the positives of FOB's. What are the down falls of FOB's?

hmmm downfalls of FOBS??? I guess if I had to find one it would be the Price. $20 for a DZ. you can buy enough blazers for a dz arrows for 10$ BUT IM CHEAP like that.

Oh yeah AND people like to try and break them on the 3D course!!!! :angry:

Although we do not have a FOB designed for the ACC shafts we do have one that will work. Our Axis FOB will work the only problem is that on a pass through the nock will not stay in the FOB because the g-nock(ACC) is smaller the the x-nock(axis).

the one downfall, was when you have a passthrough you have a hard time finding your arrow, with no bright fletching, pretty much kissing your arrow bye bye. but thats just my opinion

Thats why they make bright arrow wraps that show up even better than fleching so regardless on a pass through with or without fleching you have a better chance of finding your arrow.