Sign in to follow this  
Kevin

Remington Sendero

Its that time of year again. I've been looking around at guns and came across a Remington Sendero 300 Win Mag. Do any of you have any experience with one? With a 26" fluted barrel it ought to be pretty equivalent to a 300UM ballistically. How accurate are they? Thanks for any info you may have.

Kevin

Kevin,

I do not have a Sendero, but from the reports I've heard, it is more accurate than the average Remington. Should have the stock made by HS Precision with the aluminum bedding block. The extra 2" of barrel might not get you to 300RUM velocities, but only 50-60 fps than in a 24" barrel. The extra weight of the gun will help with the 300 mag recoil. You'll have to judge if the rifle's size and weight is what you would want to carry up and down the coues mountains. I believe that Remington discontinued the Sendero this year.

Doug~ Red Rabbit

I have the Remington 300 mag in the PSS model, (police sniper model), 26" bbl, HS precision stock. It will shoot 3/4 to 1 MOA (about an inch group at 100 yards) I killed my only carp with it at 565 yards a few years ago. It is a pig to carry, but great for the long shoots. Remington, along with Ruger and most major MFGs use hammer forged barrels that aren't that great, but accuracy also depends a lot on the ammo, the trigger, and the action. Use a good ammunition, and spend $100 -$150 for a good smith to tune the action and trigger, and you should have a pretty accurate rifle.

Bowsniper

The sendero is a great gun, you wont quite get 300UM velocity because most of the 300UM's have 26" barrels as well. I have a rifle I built for myself, styled after the sendero, but with a 28" barrel in 7mm Ultra Mag. It really is not that bad to carry around, and man they shoot. As already stated, tune up the trigger and you will be fine.