Sign in to follow this  
W.O.T

3 more AZ dogs meet their maker

My buddy and I had a club deal here in AZ this weekend... I couldnt make it friday until 3pm, so he did the AM portion w/o me & we met up after I got done w/work. He had 6 come in but due to the normal dumb stuff, tree in the way, domestics killing the stand, etc he wasnt able to get a kill.

After work I picked him up and headed outta town. We put together 2 stands, called in a fox w/in 10 ft but unfortunately, is able to live another day.

Day 2 we bail off to our spots, 1st stand we start callin and 3 pair in 3 different directions go off yippin at us, busted... next stand 4 domestics rush in from about 1/2 mile away and will not leave. stand 3 & 4 -nothing, stand 5- 5 domestics and 1 jackrabbit, #6-12-nada... lucky 13 -coyote comes in at 4 min, killed, #14 - coyote comes in at 4min out of a finger and round the hill, we bark at him at 40 yds, killed, #15-best lookin stand of the day, called in 6 domestics and they wont leave, then their owner on a horse comes in, I take off my facemask and scares the crap outta him. I guess he was clueless we were within 6 feet of him till I made my presence noticed! he began yelling at us in Navajo until I got my permit out and he then chilled out, called his dogs off us and rode off yelling profanities(we figure) in Navajo... last stand #16 coyote comes in from 200yds to 30 yds, buddy drops hill at 6 min.

We seem to struggle in the middle of the day up north, but can call them all day down south... would have figured the other way around...

Day 1: 6 coyotes called ---> 0 kills

1 fox called ---> 0 kills

Day 2: 3 coyotes called ---> 3 down

Call of the day was jackrabbit and psycho tweety

We tried making a call to another buddy about going to weigh in and couldnt get ahold of him, so we didnt check them in. Come to find out my friends club needed no help.

Sorry if this gets an R-rating

post-1985-1232344713_thumb.jpg

dude you got that right! about 2x the size of the others, plus that was a 2 for 1 kill, prego... sorry for the PETA whispers but it kinda made me feel bad

larry... yep, fishing is cool, but I hate bein on the water when its cold... we are leavin to Obregon weds AM, you should get your crap together and take your boat down with us...

btw, i finally got the dove cleaned off the window