Sign in to follow this  
UggRedBilly

6b elk

I was looking at draw odds for my father to try and get his first elk wether it I'd a bull or cow. He has enough points to almost garuntee the early archery cow tag and its about 20% odds for him on the early archery bull tag. Not gonna ask for sweet spots but is this unit pretty decent in terms of elk numbers and encounters?

I just wanna be able to help him get a stalk or two in a day and have some decent bugling compared to unit 7w or the 4's. The odds are just better for 6b. Thank you

1 hour ago, UggRedBilly said:

I was looking at draw odds for my father to try and get his first elk wether it I'd a bull or cow. He has enough points to almost garuntee the early archery cow tag and its about 20% odds for him on the early archery bull tag. Not gonna ask for sweet spots but is this unit pretty decent in terms of elk numbers and encounters?

I just wanna be able to help him get a stalk or two in a day and have some decent bugling compared to unit 7w or the 4's. The odds are just better for 6b. Thank you

Lotsa elk in all those units.  I’d pick the worlds greatest unit fourbee but that’s just me. 

• Like 1

6B is my backyard and, therefore, my favorite unit.  Having encounters with cows shouldn't be a problem.  I'm not going to share my favorite bull spots, but I'll point you in some directions to get into cows and bugling.

35 minutes ago, IA Born said:

6B is my backyard and, therefore, my favorite unit.  Having encounters with cows shouldn't be a problem.  I'm not going to share my favorite bull spots, but I'll point you in some directions to get into cows and bugling.

Thank you! Not looking for spots or honey holes. I'm sure I'll find em no problem during the rut too. Just wanted to know if it was worth it or if I should look elsewhere for a better opportunity. Thank you!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

Thank you! Not looking for spots or honey holes. I'm sure I'll find em no problem during the rut too. Just wanted to know if it was worth it or if I should look elsewhere for a better opportunity. Thank you!

My pleasure.  If you want help narrowing down some spots to look, let me know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1