FKDA37BKING

Muzzleloader help

I got drawn for a 3B muzzle cow hunt this year but I have zero experience with a muzzleloader. Im looking for recommendations on a good muzzle loader for 200 yards and someone who is willing to teach me on how to safely use it. I’m located in Pinal county thanks 

CVA Accura LR-X or MR-X, use Blackhorn and stay under max loads, they are pretty simple to learn

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FKDA37BKING said:

I got drawn for a 3B muzzle cow hunt this year but I have zero experience with a muzzleloader. Im looking for recommendations on a good muzzle loader for 200 yards and someone who is willing to teach me on how to safely use it. I’m located in Pinal county thanks 

Cva wolf or accura ,optima are good  bang for your buck guns 

I'd  go 45 cal for what your after and use blackhorn 209 for powder. 

They work like a break open shotgun  for the most part. You measure  your  powder and pour it down  the barrel  then next is the projectile/ bullet . Run the ram rod to seat the bullet  against  the powder.  Then you open the action  and use the recommended  primer most are 209 shotgun  .

Muzzle-loaders.com  has a good  selection  and will  ship to your door.

If you can't  weigh powder  you can run pellets  in the correct  caliber. 45cal or 50 

Most pellets  are corrosive  so cleaning  is a must after use.  Blackhorn  is not corrosive  and is the best .

• Like 1

CVA Wolf is a great starter gun, Optima also.  200 yards is getting far to have any knock down power left, they drop off fast that far out.

Pellets are super easy to start out with just to get the hang of things.  I really miss the real Goex black powder. Tons of Youtube videos.

• Like 1