soazarcher

Bowfishing tourney?

Does anybody know when the Bowfishing tourney at Roosey is? Can't find dates anywhere on the internet.

Early April?

Thanks,

Matt

post-287-1233603223.jpg

I have a boat that I was going to make into an Archery fishing boat

but doubt I ever get around to it.

Maybe tomorrow I will take some pictures and post it in the classifieds.

I was at Roosevelt on Monday and the carp were going nuts in the shallow water. The lake is real high and we were hitting all the submerged brush for bass. The carp were in there slurping and slapping at the surface and cruising around in packs. Looks like it would be fun with a bow.

The tourny's at roosevelt lake this year are as follows:

March 21 and 22 sponsered by PSE

April 18 and 19

May16 and 17

June 13 Night shoot

July 18 Night shoot

For more info call 928-322-6933 Scott

928-970-1000 Jimmy

Awesome! Thanks for your help!

Can't wait to get out!

I would love to bowfish, and have the verde river full of carp in my back yard...but I have never done it and have a couple questions that maybe some of you can answer...

Can I just use my hunting bow, or do I have to buy/use a stick and string bow?

If I can use my hunting rig, can I shoot an arrow made for fishing? I am worried about the poundage of my bow vs. the spine/strength of the arrow.

If I cant use a fishing arrow with my hunting bow, can I use one of my carbon arrows with modifications?

I am complelety lost....and dont know which way to go.... :blink:

I would love to bowfish, and have the verde river full of carp in my back yard...but I have never done it and have a couple questions that maybe some of you can answer...

Can I just use my hunting bow, or do I have to buy/use a stick and string bow?

If I can use my hunting rig, can I shoot an arrow made for fishing? I am worried about the poundage of my bow vs. the spine/strength of the arrow.

If I cant use a fishing arrow with my hunting bow, can I use one of my carbon arrows with modifications?

I am complelety lost....and dont know which way to go.... :blink:

I am no expert on the matter I just started bowfishing this year and it is a blast to say the least. I just brought my old hunting bow to archery headquarters in chandler and they set it up for me. It is a pretty simple rig. You will shoot fingers with no sights and they drop the poundage way down. As for the arrows, they are stronger than anything you are shooting now by far. They are solid fiberglass and I have bounced mine off more than a few rocks and they rarely break. It is also fairly easy to learn and I was surprised at the success I had the first time out to San Carlos lake.

Are you sure its legal to bow fish at san carlos. I was told by a lady at one of the departments that you could not fish in the lake only the river. If you were told otherwise let me know who you talked to. That lake is loaded with carp.

Are you sure its legal to bow fish at san carlos. I was told by a lady at one of the departments that you could not fish in the lake only the river. If you were told otherwise let me know who you talked to. That lake is loaded with carp.

The only thing I can tell you is that I have seen guys bowfishing there while I was bass fishing and thought it was okay as long as you had the daily permit. I have not checked rules and regs. but maybe I should have! I sure hope it's legal because I would like to do it again! lol!