Kilimanjaro

Sky miles Credit Card help

Hey guys I have a quick question for all you frequent travelers on here.. I need to get a CC that accumulates flight miles that can be applied to flights taken.. I plan on using the heck out of it in 2009 with all the multi state apps, my Asian hunt, etc.. in turn, I'm hoping to accumulate enough to cover my flight back to Africa in 2010.. If any of you guys here use one with good results, please let me know about it!!

Thanks and I hope to hear some of your suggestions.

I fly about 100,000 miles a year and I just ended up getting a cabelas card because I was able to use the points better. I think with Delta, Africa is about 120,000 points or miles. That is alot. The issue is that you need to find a able to find a carrier that has a card that flies to Africa, doesn't have any block out dates, doesnt' have a high interest rate, etc...

I have tried playing the airline points game for two years and it was just way too much trouble. IMO the airline industry is just to unstable, flights are being canceled all the time. By the time you save enough points there is no guarantee that the airline will even fly to Africa..

That being said.... If I had to go with one airline or card I would go with Delta... They seem to have the best deal going...

J

Scotty,

I saw your post on here while I was at work today and thought I would share a few success tips that have worked for me. I flew to Europe last year with my wife and India the year before that. I also have been using the Citi Aadvantage credit card that gives you 1 mile for every dollar spent. All of my travel has been concentrated on American Airlines or partners of AA. They have incredible global service ...http://www.oneworld.com/

Also, when I opened the citi advantage card they gave me another 15K in miles. There are lots of promotions and offers and it is constantly changing and evolving.

I work for the world's largest travel company so I am in the loop when it comes to travel trends and global travel incentives. ;)

For grins I checked flights from PHX to Johannesburg and the routing was PHX-DFW to London, London to Johanesburg on British Air (one world partner). Probably not the best routing but again, it's important to look at global alliances when flying around the world.

American is your home town TEXAS KICK A$$ airline as well... so there is another incentive :lol:

There are many options and when you get some dates I'd be happy to assist with any routing or faring. I enjoy helping people with my knowledge of global travel and I'm super happy for someone to head abroad to see new things and experience what is truely out there. Some folks think going to the Mogillon Rim is a big deal. Try trekking 8000 miles from home for a month with a backpack!

If your pictures are anything like the last trip, I wait with great anticipation. :rolleyes:

Rock on Global Traveler!

A few links:

http://www.aa.com/aa/AAdvantage/aadvantage...chorEvent=false

https://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/showSear...MILY_AADVANTAGE

AzP&Y

Doug

post-898-1233715402_thumb.jpg

post-898-1233715451_thumb.jpg

post-898-1233715516_thumb.jpg