Sign in to follow this  
Chef

PRIMOS Trigger Stick...

https://shop.primos.com/pc-1226-112-tall-mo...gger-stick.aspx

I am interested in picking one up.

I veer towards the tall mono pod.

I played around with one at Bass Pro the other day and like the speed

in which you can adjust the height.

Any other good, easy to carry, quick adjust sticks you folks recommend?

...or...should I just stick to a Harris bi-pod and forget it?

I have had a Harris bipod for years and really like it. Recently, though, I have started shooting from a monopod while predator calling and it not as easy as I figured it would be. It seems like a no brainer, but when in real world hunting situations, it was very different. I think it will take some getting used to.

The design of the trigger stick looks good, but I would worry about the longevity of the moving parts. Personally, I would get the bipod version of the trigger stick.

Thanks for your feedback.

I was contemplating that this past Sat. as I was yote hunting.

The bipod version would allow you to "rest" your rifle on it easier too.

I've tried a bunch of shooting sticks before and while they help, they do not compare to a harris. I never really wanted or like bipods untill recently. My girlfiend bought me one for x-mas and i will never go back. She got me the 25-c S. its tall enough to shoot sitting down with a little down hill slope and short enough to shoot prone. I would say for long rande work definately get the swivel version. Gun has to be level for reticles or turrets to work

The good thing about the primos is that if you needed to set up for the shot quickly then that is the item you need but if you are already sitting waiting for your game to show up then stick with a Harris. Or you could carry both, depends on how much you want to carry. ;)

Before you go with the trigger one Just my thoughts. SOUND sometimes the buggers make to much of a slap sound when they extend which could be a problem in some cases...

Thanks for the replies guys.

I think I'll end up getting a bi-pod trigger stick.

I can definitely see it come in handy in the tall grass when you have no rest and have to stand.

It's quick too, perfect when getting the stalk on.