Sign in to follow this  
huntwithme2

optics

I am kind of confused about all those spotting scopes out there. Most people want to know about seeing bullet holes and not how far can they see clearly an animal. I' am interested in a gold ring compact in 15-30x or the excursion flp in 15-45x. Does anyone have any experience in these two or the cabela's 20x binoculars.

I am kind of confused about all those spotting scopes out there. Most people want to know about seeing bullet holes and not how far can they see clearly an animal. I' am interested in a gold ring compact in 15-30x or the excursion flp in 15-45x. Does anyone have any experience in these two or the cabela's 20x binoculars.

Everyone has their own opinion. Are you wanting to just spot or glass? In my opinion the best all around is the 15x56 SLC Swarovski bino and you can get a 2X doubler to turn them into 30x spotter you would want. This is in my opinion the best for the bang. ;)

Everyone has their own opinion. Are you wanting to just spot or glass? In my opinion the best all around is the 15x56 SLC Swarovski bino and you can get a 2X doubler to turn them into 30x spotter you would want. This is in my opinion the best for the bang. ;)

+1

+ 1 Or the Jim White tripler

Or is is a doubler now?

A 2.5 doubler I believe is the correct answer. I will take deer anatomy for $800. :D

I have a doubler for my 15x Swarvo's, I'm not all that impressed. I guess glassing through with the bino's has spoiled me as compared to a spotting scope. I was wondering if any of you guys has tried using a doubler on each eye piece? Is this possible?

+1 on the Swarvo's! A freind of mine has the Leica's that switch from 10 to 15 power, they are nice, but I love my Swarovski's. I know they are pricey, but you wont regret it!

Good thread... just remember boys, Binoculars are for finding things, Spotting Scopes are for looking at things... Their is a big difference! Don't try and have a tool made for one job try and do another! It doesn't work that well... Buy the best binocular you can afford and then buy the best spotting scope you can afford knowing you will use the binoculars a lot more than the spotting scope! MHO DesertDweller