Sign in to follow this  
assassin

Found the other side

That's just way to cool Durand!

Durand,

Those are awesome man. If you found them after work then you probably weren't hiking 18 miles into the middle of nowhere to find them like we used to do in the young and dumb days! :P Sweet bull.

<_< :huh: not that you were speeking of us......But since you might as well be, along with any other younger and not so younger Hiker/ shed hunters on here.

post-2337-1238794300.jpg

Young- kinda, dumb-no. And jason's wife and my 55 year old dad have been to this spot, so...But I do enjoy strolls around town though as well, for backyard bruisers like that one Durands got there.

By the way, it's only 5 miles from the road, To this particular Antler Haven ;) .

Azantlerhead,

Durand and I had some pretty wild adventures shed hunting back in highschool. We used to take off hiking with no paticular plan and spend half our time lost trying to find the truck. One time we went shed hunting in January in the snow on no sleep wired on caffiene and still managed to pick up about 20. We were so exhausted the snow banks on the side of the highway were all that kept us on the road on the way home. One of the spots we hunted sheds is about 5 miles from any road as well. One time we found 76 in a day and half. We got this "brilliant" idea that we were going to build stretchers out of logs to carry them out so that we wouldn't have to make so many trips. The stretchers broke after a few hundred yards and we ended up making several trips packing them on our backs. That is what I meant by the "young and dumb" days. I am definately not saying anyone who hikes a lot is dumb because Durand and I would still both be really dumb if that was the case. I was just commenting on the fact that he was able to find a great bull and pick up his sheds in a place that wasn't a 3 hour hike in like we had mostly done in the past. Nice finds in your pics and way to work for them ;)

Brian, It was 28 antlers to be exact on that january trip and another 32 the third time in there. So in three trips we found 28, 76, and 32 all in just a few square miles. dang I love being "Dumb" don't you? And for anyone wondering, the set I found this year was no stroll in the park, It just happened to be close enough to get to after work. My grandpa is in his mid sixties and he still cleans house this time of year better than most so I agree with the comment that age doesn't dictate how many antlers you can find or how far you can walk to find them. I think you were just a little misunderstood is all no harm done. That is a sweet pile of bone that azantlerhead produced this year. Good job guys.

'

:) If that kind of sheddin' is being " young and dumb" then count me in!!!! Stories like those is why I go out!!! Just a Rookie here... You are right, I missunderstood completely, You guys got any black and whites? :lol: I really look up to guys like you, Hope I didn't offend. Young and dumb as charged I guess, gladly :) Any pics barried in the closet of the good old days, Ive only heard a few stories like this and it gets my interest big time. Is that area as good today as it was then?