Sign in to follow this  
ultramag

gona spend some cash

this is all to confusing.i notice that on the "magnum" rounds from 100 to about 350 yards there is not that much diff. but what i find interesting is the .243wssm.win balistics chart shows that a 95gr sup ballistic silvertips have a muzzle velocity of 3250fps at the muzzel and at a 200 zero the round shoots 16.9 at 400 yrds :( .now the regular .243 win with the same bullet shoots 3100 fps at the muzzle and with a 200yd zero the impact is 18.5 low at 400yrds thats only 2 inches diff.the same goes for the .270-270wsm.i guess my question is are they really worth it?i know they are cool but...................

That is the same question that I keep asking myself every time I get the urge to get the 300WSM to replace my 30-06. If you take into account that the diff between the .308, 30-06, and the 300Win mag is only seperated by 100-200 fps each. So... is the 30-06 better than the .308? Yes in fps wise. Is the 300Win mag better that the 30-06? Yes fps wise. I'm also the kind of person who takes into account the cost of a box bullets and availability of the round.

I have even gotten the OK buy the misses to get the 300WSM but I ended up not going for it because the benifets were not THAT much better, besides my "old" 30-06 is just a great shooter! I get under m.o.a. with regular remington 150gr Cor-loc all day long, closer to 3/4 of an inch. At $11 a box it only helps and in the end those are the reasons why I have not made the change.

:(