Sign in to follow this  
Kilimanjaro

Swarovski tripod

Has anyone on here used the Swaro tripod before?? I'd like to get some input on it before I plunk down the mula.. Is the weight just too much to deal with? While I'm looking for a heavier tripod model, I don't need to own one made of cast lead! I'm mostly wanting a "heavier" model to use in conjunction with The Claw for the upcoming muzzleloader hunt. I currently own an Outdoorsman, but its a smaller model and is far too light to be used in that manner, although its a GREAT tripod for packing in the hills! Also, how is the head that comes with the Swaro tripod? Is it worth using, or just buying the tripod without the head at all..

Open to suggestions guys.. Thanks!

I agree with sdrhunter. I bought a bogen 3221 on sale a few years back and it looks about the same as the swarovski. I only paid about a hundred bucks for it. I don't think they are any better than the bogen but cost a lot more.

My brother has one and it is one heavy SOB. Very sturdy but heavy.

It is a bogen with Swaros name on it. Eagle sales both compare http://www.eagleoptics.com/tripod-legs

Exactly, they just charge more for putting there name on it plus they sprinkle crystal dust on it ;)

Not exactly. They will also service it. I got one as a gift, put it through the ringer for a few years, and had a problem with the head. Sent it to Swarovski and they serviced the head, replaced the feet, and cleaned her up for free. Nice tripod, might be my favorite one i own if it had a better head on it. Very steady/sturdy.

Thanks guys.. I knew they were heavy (7.5lbs), but wantedto hear some of the other good/bad things about them as well before I decided..

Shane, I think I will let Cade set me up with the Bogen with a fluid head with The Claw as well.. That'll be a nice set up for sure.

Cade, if ya read this, PM me with some info if you can!

Thanks guys for the reviews and opinions.