June

Rumble in the Rocks/ Rocked!!

Had a great time at the shoot. Wanted to give a shout out to Desert Archers for putting on a great shoot. It ain't easy by no means. thanks guy's. Met a lot of interesting folks from across our great state with great personalities and life stories. There was also alot of camaraderie with shooter's supporting each other. I really like the way everyone rallied behind someone who missed. Courses were fun. I shot horrible and as I told the group I was shooting with. I'm not even going to blame the wind as an excuse. I just shot horrible. :lol: :lol:. But I had Fun and that's all that mattered. I hope the next shoot in Globe is just as entertaining and fun. :rolleyes: Just wondering what everyone thought about the shoot and if there is a saloon at every shoot :D :D . Oh yeah, for those of you that shot MBR. Was that Baboon with the"just try smile" between 35 yds. and under 40 yds. Man, I totally miss judged him.

P.S. You know it was a fun shoot when an ambulance was needed. :P :P

Had a great time out there this weekend. I could have done without some of the wind on the first day but it was still a great time. The Desert Archers did a great job on some Awesome courses they were very challenging. A big thanks to them and the ABA for a great shoot.

this in one of the best shoots i have ever been to! i really didnt shot all that good but the just how they had the targets set up, they like real life hunting shots lots up and down shots. i think they did a great job for there 1st time having the tripple crown there! thank you Desert Archers for the great time we all had this weekend!

:rolleyes: Want to add my thanks to Desert Archers, a great shoot and great courses... Although course #1 absolutely kicked my backside! :blink:

P.S. I put my 30 right on that stinking Baboon and 10'd him

Not a thing wrong with the two courses I shot but I really wanted to shoot course #1! Shot over there a couple years ago and loved it. Maybe next year they will put the open guys over there. I hope! :rolleyes:

You guys know that I didn't shoot, I just hang around and sell shirts and BS! But I will say this, the major complaint was the wind but everyone agreed that it was better than the snow at Sunrise last year! :P Desert Archers has had the Rumble in the Rocks several times before but around 60 competitive shooters was normal plus their non-competitive, so taking into account the fact that last weekend they had 211 competitive shooters we have to give them a huge compliment on what they put together. Not only was the shoot great but the opportunity to just hang out, camp, eat and have a beer or two together, without ever leaving the shoot site was awesome!

I have some great photos of shooters on course #1 that I will post later! If you weren't there, you'll see what you missed!

The folks at the Triple T did a heck of a job with breakfast, lunch and steak dinners! They hope we are back there next year and so does the ABA! Thanks to everyone for your great support.

REMEMBER:

The third leg is May 2-3, Sponsored by the Apache Bowhunters in Globe. Hope to see you all there!

There will be a printable mail in registration form on the ABA website ASAP!

Dick

Thought I would post a couple photos so that you guys that weren't there can see what it was like.

The first is in front of the Saloon where everyone was waiting for assignments on Sunday morning.

The second is from one of the shooting stakes on course #1. This was typical of most of the shots on this course!

Dickpost-1900-1239073765_thumb.jpgpost-1900-1239073790_thumb.jpg

Hey Dick.

Great pictures. Did they happen to say when they will get the scores sent to you to get posted? Had a couple guys asking me for some reason so I thought I would ask.

Thanks