Sign in to follow this  
ChasinTail

AZ Lion from 5-5-09

"I find it ironic that Tyler has offered nothing but positive contributions to this thread, while huntem keeps raring its head with negativity. Thanks for making our case huntem, keep it up"

Once again el fago makes a post that makes no sense. Its not negativity when i am voicing my opinion on a subject? How has he made positive contributions? What case am i making for you?

Tyler- Thanks for sharing the pics, I saw them on another site. Love seeing hounds and the game they tree, especially in AZ.

Huntem- If someone is claiming to have raised hounds from pups and then claiming to have spent years breaking them of trash, taking them to the vet, breeding and culling, learning their tendancies, searching for lost dogs, only to be lying about it because they bought a pack raised by someone else, and then trying to use those lies to gain clients, than that is wrong and you have a valid point. I did not read the story as it has been deleted by the author, but it seems that many of the people have become defensive because of the way you went about it. It doesn't sound like they really care whether or not someone forks over $30k a pack or raises 2 orphaned grade dogs to put game up, they just want to see the lion, the hounds, and hear the story.

The moral of the story is, we need to stick together. The hog hunter, the duck hunter, the deer hunter and yes the lion hunters all need to hold hands, sing "Country Boy Can Survive" and not fight amongst ourselves. The anti's are the enemies here, not the Trust Fund or the Poor Hillbilly hound hunters.

Couple of quick points, then I'll be done...

We run 8 dogs. 3 of which were purchased from a well known lion hunter. 1 of which we got from the same guy when it was 4 months old. The other 4 were raised by us from pups. We could never take all the credit for getting those dogs where they are today. Listening to Huntem tell everyone here how much he knows about our pack and how much we have invested in it, really is proof that he doesn't know. To assume something that you have no firm knowledge of is ignorant, and makes you look like a jealous little kid, and I know that's not what you're trying to do.

Siren and Goose have been the best "trainers" for our pups that we could ever ask for, however, like Lionhunter mentioned in a post earlier, our pack can't catch lions, or get any better at what they do by being in the kennel and not out hunting. We've been through 13 other dogs to find the mix of dogs that we have that works well for us. We trash broke many of those dogs, and have stuck with the ones that have shown the most dedication and determination. We haven't put in near as much time as the guys that are out there that have been running dogs for 20+ years, but to say that we are instant hunters and haven't put in any effort is stupid. Lionhunter's analogy is ok, but I like to think of it more like this; If you want to start an excavating business for example, you need good equipment for sure, but if you want to have a successful excavating business, wouldn't you hire the best equipment operators as possible? Guys that can mentor younger operators, and maybe teach you a thing or two along the way? That's how we think of Siren and Goose, veteran operators that were trained by the best. How we got into lion hunting is neither illegal or wrong, and we will keep on doing what we love and learning as much as we can along the way. We will never compare ourselves to anyone. We have the utmost respect for the veteran dogmen in this state, the list is too long to even begin to name names.

Regardless of whether or not you agree with Huntem, I'm kinda tired of the mudslinging. Huntem, if you'd like to discuss anything further, send me a PM.

Tyler