Sign in to follow this  
ChasinTail

AZ Lion from 5-5-09

I would say we all have a ton of money wraped up in our hunting gear. I do not own a pair of swaros, A swaro spotter, or the best rifle in the state. I know a couple guys that i saw hunting in one of my favorite spots with that equipment and they killed a couple nice bucks. Sounds kind of like the same thing to me. I wish i was fly by night right now hunting lions. I do not care if you are the best houndsman in the state or even if you are the guy they bought the dogs from (i am sure you are not) . I know all i need to about you by seeing what you will write to hurt someone even if what you write is truth. I do not see how it hurts any of us to see someone catching lions even if it is a pack of dogs doing all the work. Oh wait that is what hounding is right. Even if your dogs came from some line that had never hunted and you taught them all they know (not likely) It is still the dogs that do all the work. Tyler has always givin credit to the dogs not himself.

I guess I'm not clear???

Where do people get dogs from?

If you are a really great lion hunter, do they just come to you?

I don't know Tyler, but he seems to be posting pics of dead cats, I don't see the problem.

Huntem, maybe post your name to help clear things up.

Matt

I probably have known Tyler longer than most on here. I can say he is honest hard working young man that has found a love with his hunting and with his dogs. He has stated he has a lot to learn and i am pretty sure anyone who starts something has a lot to learn. Bottom line we all have to start somewhere before we get to where some others are at.

I am not sure if i know Huntem but i can see he is concerned about the overall issue with new comers in the lion hunting and dog world--he probably has seen some horror stories from the past but just because you have seen bad things by some doesn't mean that all new dog men will be that way.

I would bet that if your client wanted to shoot that 45 pound cat you all would let them shoot it--the client pays the bills if you are a guide and if they do not have an opportunity to hunt more than a day or two and they want to kill a lion the very worst that happened is he took a lion out of the food chain.

Tyler--you are a good friend and i think you are doing very well--keep up the good work with your crew and cousin and don't let the talk get you down.

Huntem--give the guy a chance and see what comes out of it--he may just become a good friend and fellow hounds man.

Guest 300ultramag.

I would have shot any size lion on my hunt!

but never caught up w/ em.. so kudos to ya

AS FAR AS huntem........ im pretty sure I know who u are! If I match your personality w/ a guy I ran into at AH

YOU ARE WHO I THINK YOU ARE!

Beau

WOW it was late last night and I just reread what i posted above and even i am wondering what i was trying to say. :lol:

I think I understand where HUNTEM is coming from. However, I do not fully agree or disagree with him, I think I understand where is opinion starts; JEALOUSY.

Now, I am not trying to slam HUNTEM. I do not even know who he is. I would like him to sign his name to his oppinion so I would know who he is, and maybe better understand where he comes from with the oppinion.

Here is an annalogy to help others understand the situation. To me HUNTEM is a hard working lionhunter that has spent thousands of hours, and a ton of money building and training a pack of dry ground lion dogs that catch lion year around in any conditions. (Hardworking guy) OK Tyler, who sound like a great guy, was able to go out and purchase some good trained dogs. (Very expensive) It is kind of like the son of a successful business owner who is given Dad's business to run. Instantly he is a successful business owner. The "hardworking guy" always has that feeling of, "If his dad did not give him that business he would not be where he is in life, ie $$$. The hardworking guy is jealous. He works hard to get ahead, and the son of the business owner is handed it.

OK, like I said earlier I do not agree with HUNTEM on this matter. If a guy wants to get into lion hunting the very quickest way to do it is to purchase some made dogs. If a guy wants to throw that kind of money at it, then more power to him. It takes years of hard work, countless hours, tons of money, and going threw a bunch of dogs that don't workout before a guy could even consider himself a lionhunter. A guy could go out and buy a pair of Jordan basketball shoes, but that does not make him Michael Jordan. Tyler was able to purchase some good dogs, but the best dogs in the world don't catch lion chained to the dog house in the yard. He is out there pounding the dirt, huntin hard to catch these lion. In my oppinion he his earning every lion he and his dogs tree just as much as the guy who never paid for a dog. There is definitely a sense of accomplishment when you train your own dog from a pup, watch that dog start his own first track, and eventully tree his own first lion. For Tyler it sounds that his time to train his own dogs starts now..

Good luck Tyler, keep sacken up.

My 2 cents

Whitey Williams

Whitey that is what i was wanting to say. :lol: :lol:

Very well said .

Let me clarify a few things. I am sure tyler is a hard hunter and im sure he loves lion hunting. The thing that bothered me were some of his comments in in some of his posts that seemed like he was portraying himself as a "seasoned dry ground lion hunter" that had so much time into training his dogs when he bought them.. Good for him that he is getting out and catching lions but i assure you that anyone that runs dogs understands where i am coming from. I tryed to go find some of his comments to use as examples but alot of his stuff is gone now. The fact is that most of you guys that are posting in his defense dont know a thing about lion hunting with hounds so in turn have no idea were im coming from.

Guest 300ultramag.

20k isnt alot for a pack of dogs!

one dog is worth that amount easily.

"20k isnt alot for a pack of dogs!

one dog is worth that amount easily."

Like i said you guys dont know about lion hunting. But if thats what you believe i have a few dogs for sale. ha ha And if it makes a difference his pack probably ran him more like $30,000 but you are missing the point alltogether.

Guest 300ultramag.
"20k isnt alot for a pack of dogs!

one dog is worth that amount easily."

Like i said you guys dont know about lion hunting. But if thats what you believe i have a few dogs for sale. ha ha And if it makes a difference his pack probably ran him more like $30,000 but you are missing the point alltogether.

HA HA HA! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im pretty sure I DO get it. Lion hunters do NOT like other Lion hunters. NO SURPRISE THERE!

Especially when the other Lion hunters are riding mules! I have a buddy who woould shoot me dead if he saw me chasin those critters from a smelly mule! :lol: And if u are infact a houndsmen Im sure u know him. Hes from DEWEY.

Now dont get me wrong to pay 20k for a "cheerleader" would be crazy.

But a good hound that can strike on a runnin female that just doubled back and still tree is a twenty thousand dollar dog to me! Im not sayin this guy has good dogs I dont know him and I sure as heck dont stick up for him either. but a good hound is worth a thousand 100 class coues deer!

Hey congrats on the lions guys! Keep on chasin and killing them!!! We need more coues deer for sure!!! I will shoot any size, age, female or male cat out there as long as it's legal to shoot!!!! I have a lion problem out here and am trying to get it before the season ends!!! Good luck to all you guys!!!

I find it ironic that Tyler has offered nothing but positive contributions to this thread, while huntem keeps raring its head with negativity. Thanks for making our case huntem, keep it up.