Sign in to follow this  
DubTee

Fall Draw Question

I am helping put a couple of non-resident buddies in for a deer tag. One buddy has a 1 point the other has none, they will be applying seperately. My question is was the non-resident cap reached in the 20% round for the 33 late hunt last year, or how do I find that out? Been looking at some links on the AZGFD page, but I cannot find where to look for the resident or non-resident point breakdown for those who applied for the 33 late hunt. I guess it could change for this year if it was reached in that first pass, but I'd rather put them in for something that I know they have a chance for (how ever small it may be) in the second pass (1st/2nd). Thanks.

I called about that very question a month ago since I am applying with a NR.

Yes, the 10% NR cap was reached in the 20% pass for the Dec WT in 33.

Hey Red, that reminds me of a question I have been meaning to ask. Is there no publication for with NR draw info. I subscribe to one magazine and they tell how many NR drew with X amount of bonus points.

Do you just have to call to get that info?

Thanks Red, and I second Rough's question, do you have to call to get that type of info?

I have not seen the draw results distinguished between R & NR.

You should likely call the draw department statistician to ask.

Don Martin from Kingman may know where to get the info.

DubTee - looks like 30B for your buddies.

I am now thinking the late hunt in 23 for them, I don't know 23, but figured what better way to learn it. We'd be trying to combo that hunt with an archery javelina and deer hunt that would start the new year. Figured if they are lucky enough to draw a late tag, make one trip, gun hunt for coues for a few days, then on Jan. 1 go after pigs and carp down south with archery tackle. I'll look into 30B though, I don't know that unit either.

with my luck those guys will get that tag first time putting in for it. i have put in for that tag first choice for years and years now and have yet to get it.

30B is nightmare unit, you can't acces any of the whitetail habitat , is all private property and no acces , in the mule mountains

there is only 1 road and everybody is there and the dragoons is not much better.

put some unit with higher odds.