Sign in to follow this  
azhunter85

kaibab lake

wanted to get away for the weekend soon and paddle around doing some fishing some where cool. never fished for trout, does any one have any comments on kaibab lake? dont wanna go some where and waste time. wana have a good time and do some trrout fishing for a change. thx

hello - the lakes close to williams can get a lot of people on the weekends - week days are best - cataract and kiabab are not bad ! you can catch trout from a boat or shore - I've caught fish on bait - off the bottom from shore - get the yellow /orange power bait or casting assort lures from shore works- Dogtown is a bigger lake and should be a good time, the same for white-horse - same techiques on all these lakes - casting from a boat or trolling around can actually be better for the bigger fish ! good luck -

Now if you are catch and release 2 lakes to try are Perkins tank and Jd tank- both were taken over by the fly fishing guys but fishing with single barbless lures is allowed. no bait fishing! It was not uncommon to catch 16+ inchers -solid 2 lbers. from shore at both these lakes - 4-5 yrs ago and since then it's catch and release only - both are great lakes for a better quality trout ! gary

I've had better luck with Kaibab this time of year. A bobber with a worm about 1.5 feet down would fill my 6 fish limit in about an hour.