Sign in to follow this  
az.antlerenthusiast

Memorial day sheds

Took off for a day and a half. Went on a solo trip back into some old familiar areas. On both days I seen my fair share of rain and hail but it was still alot of fun. Found 14 sheds total ,5 of which were browns.

Here are a few of the pictures:

I'm sure this bull was dead before the tree fell on him, but if he wasn't that was one heck of a headache.

There is another antler on the right side of the picture but it is buried under the pile. The rest of the skeleton is there as well.

I found this head a year ago but it still hasn't walked away yet.

post-3284-1243309725_thumb.jpg

Found this nice year old shed. I missed finding this as a brown last year literally by 25 feet. Thats the way it goes sometimes I guess.

post-3284-1243310069_thumb.jpg

Found this rather small pair of 5x5 browns. These antlers had rather large buttons for the size of the horn.

post-3284-1243310768_thumb.jpg

post-3284-1243311134_thumb.jpg

Found this 8 point or 6 point with 2 extras which ever you prefer. This was laying in an area near a spring. This has been a productive location for us in times past.

post-3284-1243311782_thumb.jpg

This is a cool webby 7 point brown. Its always cool to find an antler thats outside the norm.

post-3284-1243317839_thumb.jpg

This is not a heavy coues area but did find one on the way in.

post-3284-1243314335_thumb.jpg

Left these as bait for other deer to come and do the same. :P Or at least it sounds good.

post-3284-1243317642_thumb.jpg

nice horns that 7 point is real neat so is that bull thats under the tree

Nice finds! Looks like you had a productive day and half of shed hunting. That 5 pt pair looks like it has some really nice thirds! If I found that bull under the tree I'd probably still be there digging it out. :lol: Thanks for sharing!

-Tracy

Thanks for sharing and what a great day off of work. I think I would leave the elk under the tree so you could take other in there for show and tell. I'll be first thank you. :lol: :lol: ;)

TJ

In the few years i've known you, i'm still amazed every time you hit the woods my humble friend :blink: . It seems like your Average of 7-10" keepers" at least a day has risen to 10-15 horns a day since i've known you. And I know your gettin pickier and pickier about what you will haul so what gives? :lol: :lol:

If there was ever such or will ever be such a thing as a pro antler hunter, there will be you're picture....... I'm pretty sure any one who finds, or, " keeps" a couple hundred a year is just that. Or at least anyone who sells a truckload of solid horns and then tells me it didn't put a dent in their pile is......... Had to share that, hope you don't mind ;)

If you ever stoped working and only shed hunted, the annual numbers would be sickening. But I think you're dedicated enough allready, don't you! :P Every one else just better hope you stay out of their favorite units. :unsure: :lol: :lol: But at least you leave as many laying as you keep, if not more.. What a generous guy! HAHA, thanks for you're "scraps" bud, specialy the 30 inch muley head :P Sorry TJ ben there, done that spot. :P

But i'm pretty sure you'll have to share the spot in websters with Ol' Grong of course, so don't let me puff you up too much :D