Sign in to follow this  
ultra300mag

Arizona Elk

i'll second that!! it was really funny me and my brother were guiding probably four years ago and his hunter was one of the big wigs from cabelas and he brought a magazine with him that had a little fun game thing on it where on like page 20 they have about 5 pictures of different bulls and it said guess the score and the answers are on page 50 or whatever ya know? i bet almost every hunter in camp was off at least 30 points and on some a lot more than that. just my opinion i dont think people realize how big even a 350 bull is.

Again thanks for all the input. I would have to agree that there is a lot of over scoring. I know that the 340 bull my wife shot here in Utah looked to me to be more like the mid 350's in the short time we had to decide to shoot. I is a great looking bull none the less. The only reason I throw out the 350 is that I would really love to shoot one bigger than hers but I know how tought the task really is. It is great to hear all the input from you all. Good luck to you all in your hunts this year.

oh no doubt 340 is a great bull. i have a archery elk tag this year too but my hunt is in november. a little bit tougher hunt but still a hunt u can kill a great bull on. i'd actually be very happy with a 340 bull. good luck this year tho.