Sign in to follow this  
cessna

Early Rifle Unit 23

I finally drew a Nov 7-11 WT tag for GMU23 rifle hunt here in NM. There are also 400 MD rifle hunters at the same time. I realize I need to stay high in the unit, but was looking for a general to work cameras this summer and pass along some information to you other 50WT tag holders. This was my third choice hunt so I've not done my homework for this area like I should.

My son and I have the MD tag in there the same time. I have never hunted it before. I am going scouting this weekend coming up over there. If I see any WT I'll let ya know.

Shoot me a PM. Been in there a little and might have some good info for you. Gotta check my older maps.

I have hunted the unit a couple times for muleys also but have seen some nice coues. You can also send me an email if you would like. We hiked in about a mile off a main road and found an incredible place.

I also drew the november 7-11 wt hunt in unit 23 and have hunted the unit a couple of times, if you want shoot me an email and i will help you out.

I saw a few whitey does along HW 78 (just west of Mule Creek) on my way home the other night. They were close to the AZ state line. I have spent some time on both sides of the state line and seen some great whitetails.

Jeff

I have the October WT hunt, I we find something worth looking for while hunting, I'll send you a pm.

Thanks muleybull, I'm headed that way in a few days to scout for a few days. I'll let you know how it goes. Check your PM.