Sign in to follow this  
cohofishing

Winchester Model 70

Hi,

I ordered a Bell and Carlson Medalist stock for my winchester model 70 in a 300 wsm. I was wondering if anyone has used this stock or has any experience with one. I was told I ordered the right model but the deeper I dig into the net, the more I find that I might have to do some work to get it to fit. I guess I will find out when I get it. Cabela's has said I can return it.

Any other ideas for stock for the model 70?

Brent

'Tis a good stock. I believe that is the model that I have on my .257 wby. I know I have a B&C, not sure on the model though. Not super light, not super stiff, but light and stiff enough. Good stock though. Of course, it isnt a McMillan, but nothing is!

I put one on my model 70 feather weight and it fit ok. I went ahead and spent a few extra bucks and had Harry Lawson bed it for me. I really like the stock.

You will still need to do some fitting and bedding to get it totally right. B&C is a lower quality stock than McMillan or H-S Precision ... the old saying of you get what you pay for isn't wrong, and even those need some fitting and bedding to be right. That said, the B&C is a much better stock than what comes on the Model 70 from the plant (injection molded plastic).

I just put a medalist on my Remington XLR. It has the cheek piece and it fits me like a dream. I went ahead and had it bedded 100% with 0 pressure. It went from shooting 1" groups at 100 yards to sub 1/2". You won't be disappointed at all.