Coues Archer

What rifle is better!!!

Well here is my two cents worth.

I've used the .270 Winchester pre-64 featherweight with a 2.5/8 power Leupold scope in a synthetic stock to complete a grand slam of North American Sheep and Deer. Additionally it is responsible for the harvesting of more than 20 Coues Deer, about that many Javelina, 4 Pronghorn Antelope, 2 Elk, a Black Bear, a Mountain Caribou and a host of Coyotes. I'm not bragging, many of you have taken a greater number of game. The point is simply this. Game is taken by putting the right bullet in the right place by more calibers than have been listed in this discussion. Many calibers from the .243 Winchester to the wonderful .375 H&H will accomplish the mission. We as hunters need only select one and get to know it as least as well as our spouse!

Well here is my two cents worth.

I've used the .270 Winchester pre-64 featherweight with a 2.5/8 power Leupold scope in a synthetic stock to complete a grand slam of North American Sheep and Deer. Additionally it is responsible for the harvesting of more than 20 Coues Deer, about that many Javelina, 4 Pronghorn Antelope, 2 Elk, a Black Bear, a Mountain Caribou and a host of Coyotes. I'm not bragging, many of you have taken a greater number of game. The point is simply this. Game is taken by putting the right bullet in the right place by more calibers than have been listed in this discussion. Many calibers from the .243 Winchester to the wonderful .375 H&H will accomplish the mission. We as hunters need only select one and get to know it as least as well as our spouse!

\

Right on! In my case, it's a 7mm Remington Magnum that has served me well on six continents. As in real estate, location (bullet placement) is everything!

Bill Quimby

I own a 300 RUM and I just bought a Howa Axiom in 25-06. If its just for deer and antelope, the Axiom is smokin fast in that caliber. It doesn't kick at all but is HEAVY. 14lbs or so I would guess. 25-06 is just a sweet cartridge. Its flat out to 350 or so and under 48" to 600 yds. Great all around gun. Shoot 120 grs at mule deer and all the way down to 90 grs for yotes. Don't buy the camo one though, they nail you for the custom paint!

so what are you going with let us know

Guys I know all these rifles we mentioned on the post are great but the other day I was at the sportsmans warehouse and I saw a Tikka T3 lite and hunter and from what they told me they seem to be great rifles nice and light and really accurate! Any of you guys have experience with this brand of rifles?

The older wood stock Tikkas 595, 695 actions, or what ever they were, were good. I don't know about the new ones.

How about looking for an old Sako A series or older like this one.This is a 300 Win.

post-2405-1248408017_thumb.jpg