Sign in to follow this  
Kilimanjaro

For you CHD

Chris, the funny thing is that this whole time I never saw that damned IMG at the top!! I could have done this a LONG time ago! I have had a photobucket membership for a couple of years. I guess I should have looked up when posting instead of watching my chicken pecking on this key board!!! Anyways, the critters in the previous pics are all animals I took over there in '01 when I was working as a guide. All except the leopard! They ain't gonna give their guide a 9K kitty for free!! I was there when the hunter shot it. We hunted that cat for 10 days before we got him.

Now that I know where that IMG is on the screen, I'll start throwing out a few pics every now and then, just to keep some color in the site. Thanks for all the kind words everyone..

By the way, them striped mules are a heck of a lot harder to hunt than you would think!! They can hear and run and see just as well as any deer out there..

Here are a few more just for giggles....

stag.jpg

scotts_chamois.jpg

e0009624.jpg

aoudad.jpg

And yes, Ive killed a few desert deer too!!!! This old buck was taken out in Balmorhea,TX in '02. I am pretty sure I missed this same buck the year before when he was about 20" bigger. He scored 150 even and was aged by a TX Parks and Wildlife biologist at 9 1/2 yrs old!!

wtxmulie.jpg

Thanks for lookin........

WOW Scotty looks like you have had a bit of fun. Looks like you have hunted the places I have only seen on TV....yet!

Nice Pics!!

:ph34r:

Dang man you have gotten a good variety of animals. And ler me just say that the stag you got is a BEAST!!!!

Dang Scotty, looks like you made a trip to New Zealand. I always get a kick out of the Australia and New Zealand critters that look like nothing else on this planet. That stag has more antler than anthing I've ever seen alive! Can't remember at this moment what the heck that second critter is? Wait......is it a chamois? That Tahr is one hairy goat (or sheep?).

I've thought about an Aoudad (Barbary Sheep) hunt many times over the years, but haven't ever done one. I really like their hairy chaps. I like the 1/2 body mounts on a rock base.

That old desert muley is a super duper trophy at 9.5 years !!! regardless of the size of the rack. He had seen a lot of things in his lifetime. I like the stripe down his nose.

Those kinds of things like huntin and guidin and workin in foreign places are exactly what you should do while you are young and healthy and unattached. I missed my opportunities, so I'm glad to see you took advantage.

Take care Scotty, and keep postin' your great pics and stories. I like 'em.

Yeah Chris, I took full advantage when I could and got some of the greatest opportunities ever. I got to go to Africa twice for about 6 months apiece and to New Zealand once for 5 months. Canada as well. But all good things must come to an end and now, instead of guiding and doing taxidermy, I get to hunt and catch illegal aliens and get paid dang well by the US govt. Oh well, the pay is better now than it was!! And I'm still doing taxidermy as a hobby. But man, weren't those hunts fun. Alot of folks would just look at those pics and say that is just some rich man's kid reaping the benifits of Daddy's wallet, but I did everyone of my hunts on my own and for FREE!! I did all that on my own. Nobody else's money. heck, I was getting paid to be there!

Aoudad hunting is a blast. I am fortune enough to have a buddy with a ranch that has them on there free ranging in the TX panhandle. It is always a good time up there stalking rams when we get the chance.

Here is one we got last year when I went home on my antelope hunt. We went to the ranch after the goat hunt and got lucky and found this dude.

raysaoudad.jpg

here is the goat from the day before. He is my first and only goat so far,and he could have made the 2 yr B&C book had I entered him. Net 82"

lope04.jpg

And since this is a COUES whitetail forum, I guess I should post the ONLY pic of a coues that I have! Myself and 2 buddies drew the Nov hunt in 33 last year and we hunted our tails off. Me and Kevin were holding out for 90" or better, but ol' Rich here wanted to draw blood on that first evening. But if you haven't had the opportuntiy to hunt ANYTHING in 5 years, I guess you'd be a little trigger happy too!! We were pumped about this little dude when Rich put him down at about 300 yards. I was really happy for Rich. It was all of ours first coues hunt. Me and Kev never did pull the trigger on that hunt.

richcoues.jpg

The only pics of whitetails I have are of the wrong variety on this site!! But, I am going to change that this fall!!

By the way, that chamois hunt has one heck of a story behind it if anyone cares to listen. I know Firstcoues ( Casey) and Redrabbit ( Doug) have already heard it, but if ya want to, just let me know. Just a hint, it involves a LONG fall, Medivac chopper rides, and a long stint in the hospital and therapy!!!

This sharing pics is getting to be quite fun!!

Take care.......

Type it up Scotty! I, and others I'm sure, would love to read it!

:ph34r:

Holy cow Scotty, you've definitely been around. That p-horn is a great one. Don't have one from Tejas, myself. Been all over that State in my earlier years, but never hunted there.

Better go ahead and tell us the New Zealand story, as we are dying for some intensity on this forum. I recommend typing it in Microsoft Word first (if ya got it), then cutting and pasting to your post on this forum. One time I spent an hour posting a response here directly, and it went away when I tried to submit it.

Thanks for your efforts here.