Sign in to follow this  
CHD

More Arizona Trophies

This is my good friend Billie Bechtel and her guide/husband Robin with her 2003 unit 45A Kofa Mtns desert bighorn ram. This was the biggest ram taken out of 6 tags. Taken 12/4/03 net scores 162.7 B & C aged at 10.5 years.

BillieAZ45A2003-2.jpg

Another shot of Billie's ram. She also drew a 27/28 Dec Coues deer tag. I asked her which hunt was more important, and she said " I already have a bunch of big Coues deer", LOL. And she does.

BillieAZ45A2003-1.jpg

This is Billie with her 3B bull taken in 2000 in a drought year. Scores 343.3 aged at 9.5 years. She wasn't real content with this bull 'til she saw 3 dozen smaller at the taxidermist.

11.jpg

This is my very good friend Robin Bechtel with his 28th day desert ram taken in 13A (Strip) in 2002. He hunted the Kanab Creek area. He hunted hard for the biggun but never got his tag on him. Robin waited 41 years to draw this tag!

12.jpg

This is Joe Black's 2002 13A buck taken on the last day of the hunt. 28" 189 B & C gross.

13.jpg

This is Sam Jaksick's 1993 buck from unit 10. Scores 93.2 gross B & C and was taken on the auction tag. Look at the Roman nose on that old buck!

14.jpg

This is Jeffrey Alt's 88.5 gross buck taken in 1997. Sorry, dunno which unit. Since he is ungutted in the pic, I would say he lived in the conifers? A freak, but a toad. Look at the big, blocky head on that brute!

15.jpg

This is Robin Bechtel and his 1995 muzzleloader buck that scores 87.6 gross and was taken in unit 18A. Another big, blocky head.

16.jpg

Guest Ernesto C

I dont blame her for going after the ram from Kofas instead the coues Chris. Here in Az is only one tag in a life time so any of us would have done the same thing.

I believe Sam Jacksick's took a high scoring non-typical mule deer about 6 or 7 years ago in the Az strip,do you know anything about that buck?

Hey Ernesto,

Sam's 13A buck was in one of the magazines a few years ago. It was a great Strip non-typical with tines all over and scores 250"+. Unfortunately, I don't have a pic. In fact, I don't even have the magazine any more or I would shoot a pic with my digital camera and post it here.

Wetmule is a member of this forum (and we are lucky to have him) and is a man that I greatly respect. He is one of the top guides on the Strip and the Kaibab. He also has taken several whopper Coues bucks. This isn't just my opinion, as this is generally agreed upon among the knowledgeable hunters and guides in AZ. He is also heavily involved in the ADA, and works hard for us hunters. I really wish Wetmule would get a scanner, and post what he can.

I stand by my ethics and morals in posting, and only post those that won't offend my buddies and fellow trophy hunters. I have a bunch of pics that I can't post (believe me!)...........but would post in a minute to contribute to this forum................if I was given permission.

Everyone needs to understand that I'm not trying to convert this forum and website to anything other than Coues deer. We all know that this is a Coues deer website. However, many members here hunt several species (and several states..........I'm pleasantly surprised to learn), and there's only so much that can be discussed about the great, magnificent, beautiful Coues deer.

Take care everyone.

Hey Bowhuntr,

Dunno Joe Black, but he looks like one happy hunter. I understand he hunted hard and tracked that buck for many miles and whacked him at the tail end! Congrats Joe, on one great, hard-earned Strip buck. I hope he resides on your wall and you get to visit the AZ Strip again in your lifetime. Opportunities like that are once-in-a-lifetime, my friend.

You're not offending me. Let's see more!

Unit 7 has a lot of 'Lopes that live in the trees like that one.

joe has been very successful.I think that is his 4th big mule deer.he has also taken I think 5 lions too.plus a bunch of other outstanding big game animals.Hes a hunting maniac. mike

Love that Alt buck, but I really like the freaks, that buck is cool. Az seems to have it's fair share of odly configured horns on pronghorn. I've seen a couple different four horned antelope in 5-B. I also had a hunter that passed on a buck, same unit, that had horns that spiraled or cork screwed like an Impala. The buck was later killed and ended up scoring 84. We ended up taking a buck that had a 23 inch spread that scored in the high seventies. Love those freaky pronghorns. Thanks for the pics.

CHD: wetmule has guided to many monsters......and been involved in conservation work for more years than most people......he has some monster bucks that most should know about like the Gilbert buck.....Kevin, grace us with a couple tantalizing pictures............thanks.............Allen..........

Everyone on this forum is welcome to look at these next pics, even Josh and Lark and .25-06 and Shiras. However, both TAM and TREESTANDMAN must make a mandatory $50 donation to the CHD Get-Over-It Fund before viewing them. How we doin' on funding so far, Amanda?

This monster was whacked last fall in 13A by hunter Bob Mays. Outfitter was Kip Fatellah. Only 23.5" outside. Scores 204 on the frame and has a mind-boggling 22" of mass per side! Look at those bases! Would you shoot a narrow buck? Is that thing an elk or a deer? Holy cow!

13AKip04-2.jpg

13AKip04-1.jpg

This buck was taken in 13B last fall. 32" outside, 205 gross NT. This buck is known as the "Nooner Roadside Buck" as the hunters were travelling between areas in the truck. Look at that neck!

13BAlvey04.jpg

Here is another taken last fall, I believe, in 13A, This is the only pic I have. 32" outside, scores 211 gross NT. Another roadside buck.

13ABrady04.jpg

Just got my Huntin' Fool mag. Arizona is covered in this issue. I guess 12B and 12B West will be combined as one unit this year for the late hunt. There are some more big Strip bucks as well as great Coues bucks in the issue. Garth says his usual thing for Coues, with 32, 34A, 36B, 36C his recommendations for the late hunt, with 33 a sleeper.

I can snap pics of those pics in the magazine with my digital camera and post them, if any of you want to see 'em and it is okay with Amanda?

Chris,

It would be best if you get permission from the magazine publisher before posting pics of pics from their magazine. That will keep you from having trouble with copyright laws.

Other than that, I don't mind you posting the pics. It's always great to see the animals and since you are hosting them on another server, it's not taking up a lot of space here at CW.com.

Thanks for your work scanning the pics in your collection and for making sure you have permission from the hunters to post their pics too.

Amanda

Awright, I should be able to get some of them neat 'ol Coues bucks up here tomorrow nite. I'm beat here now, as I've been posting and e-mailing all night. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz