Coues 'n' Sheep

Weekend Pics & a product review.

First let me say that the guys over a Camera Land hooked me up with just what i was looking for in a price rance I was looking for...Cheap!! :lol: A big Thanks to Neil over there... he's a good guy!

I ran out early one morning this weekend just to find something far away to put my spotting scope on...

I just purchased a demo model of the Minox Camera Module for my STS 65, for digescoping.... I like it for the price! it actually takes pretty dang good pics and once I learn a bit more about it I think I will do better. I love the remote trigger and it is very easy to use. For the cost it was exactly what I was looking for, light, compact, fast and simple, and I think the images are pretty dang good considering the animal size and the distance. As with most digital cams the less zoom the clearer the pics, but i was impressed with the distance thes next two pics were taken and that they are at full zoom. What you all think for $329.00?

Here is a pic of a whit-tail doe at about a mile.

post-996-1246986637.jpg

Here is a cow and yearling at 1.8 miles! I can't wait to get back out after some bull pics!

post-996-1246986693.jpg

I also bought a closout Olympus Stylus 780... it is supose to be somewhat weather proof and it takes pretty nice pics as well. I took a few pics over the long weekend. It was only $139.00....

The new ride vs. a an old ride...

post-996-1246987579.jpg

An old mining camp.

post-996-1246987622.jpg

After Fridays storm.

post-996-1246987734.jpg

I sure saw a bunch of these this w/e! Almost hit one with my truck! But drove up on theis one while on my Ranger.... I was only 10-15 yds....

post-996-1246987780_thumb.jpg

I managed to put a couple of these out as well.... ;)

post-996-1246987902.jpg

Hope you all had a great w/e as well! :)

were those some mearns you ran into? i have never seen the females as i have onyl ever hit males, plus i only shot 3 mearns before, most beautiful birds ever, and shot em' all over my shorthair

Being's how my Dad was born and raised in the Pima/Thacher/Safford area, when I was finally allowed to go deer hunting it was in the Eagle Creek and/or Alma Mesa areas. After my first encounter with mearns my Granddad gave me these words of wisdom.

"Them fool's quail will be testing the weave of your shorts fer sure"

Kent

Cool Pics and nice camer work. I don't think that was too pricey.

I have been to that camp, really cool down there. We put some cams there last year.

Did you see the Mearns near there? I hope so, I know Mearns are along the rim but can be hard to locate.

ER

Cool Pics and nice camer work. I don't think that was too pricey.

I have been to that camp, really cool down there. We put some cams there last year.

Did you see the Mearns near there? I hope so, I know Mearns are along the rim but can be hard to locate.

ER

I did not see the mearns near there.... however, the 1/2 dozen places that I have seen birds (mearns) would lead me to believe that they could be in that area as well. ;) How did your cams do for you in there?

Not as good I expected. Personally it looks great, has everything to produce good animals. Just small stuff and does. Some Bear because of the creek and berry's. It is a place that needs a few strategically placed cams... I guess more research. You probably feel the same way.

Great pics....Thanks for sharing.

"Them fool's quail will be testing the weave of your shorts fer sure"

Why is that? I am not familiar with the mearns.

Look at JB's post above mine for clarification, truer words were never written!

Kent

Look at JB's post above mine for clarification, truer words were never written!

Kent

Yeah, I seen that post as well....But why are they scary?

There's nothing quite like the brisk air of a fall morning. Working across the valley or mountainside in anticipation of seeing the glint of an antler in the distance, the bugle of a bull in his full glory, the flash of a white tail dancing ahead.

Then, PPPUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! Having an expolsion under your feet, sometimes seemingly right up your inseam. Crazy buggers! I'd rather encounter a rattlesnake, I ain't skeered of them.

Kent