Sign in to follow this  
Kilimanjaro

Meet Brutus...

Just for comparison,

A .300 Winchester Mag shooting a 180 grain round has a recoil energy rating of 25.9 ft/lbs

A .470 Nitro Express Shooting 500 grain round has a recoil energy rating of 69.3 ft/lbs

The .470 has almost 3 times the recoil energy of the .300 mag.

Ouch!

:huh: :blink:

TJ

Now, forget about Africa for a couple months and focus on finding that monster Muzzy bull!

I know, I know!!! I've been in full on Africa mode for the last 3 months trying to get stuff squared away for next season's hunt. I'm just about done with it. I'll be heading up to my unit this weekend for a few days of scouting and a will have a couple of more scouting trips between now and when the bow opener opens.. I'm hoping to find "my beast" bull while all those stick flingers are out there.. I'm planning on being there a full week before my season opens and finding that beast bull Ive dreamed of!!

On a side note, how about sharing a few pics with the rest of the guys on here from your most recent hunt!!?? I know they'll enjoy them as much as I did.

Hey guys, thanks again.. Casey, if you want to try for a coyote with him, be my guest, amigo! Just be sure to get him within 75 yrds and I'm sure you can hit him. But we'll HAVE to reload for this one!! The feed bill for this gun isn't cheap!