Sign in to follow this  
SilentButDeadly

How, where to go when G&F err on your applications?

So I got rejected for both my Elk and Antelope applications this year (my fault for waiting until after the correction period) -- however I'm almost 100% positive I did everything right.

The cause cited on the G&F website is 'invalid licence number' -- now unless I forgot to put my number down at all, I'm sure I sat with my hunting license in front of me and filled out both applications and reviewed them before putting them in envelopes.

My question is: Can I go into any G&F office, and will they be able to pull up my applications on a screen and show me the error?

I've read on the by-laws that if there is an error on their part I can at least get my bonus points (and maybe even a tag - if my random ##s were low enough).

Any experiences out there?

T

I would call the draw office, probably after the deer draw. I drew my 2nd choice with 1st choice tags still avalaible due to the 20% max BP rule. The lady I talked to said she was "looking" at my application. Dont know how much truth there is to that but thats what i was told.

I would suggest to make a photocopy of the check and application before sending them in. Seems one hears about hunt number disputes a lot, but usually turns out to be the hunter applicant who errored.

I would suspect that G&F makes microfiche copies of the apps.

Hope your license number was actually correct on your apps. (did you by chance use your 2008 license number?)

yes you can go to the main office and request to see your error, they will then pull your app and let you see a copy. i had a question on one last year and they let me see the mistake.

I'm not totally sure (if I used the wrong ID or totally forgot to fill it out), part of the sick feeling I've had for the last couple months, this is just a way to get some closure...

Just the draw department after the draw and request that they send you a copy of the app. They did that for me last year.

I might check on my rejected elk app. They said missing signature. I can't believe we missed a sig. Maybe so but that would really surprise me.

it does not hurt to check if they said you made a mistake...i have heard of guys that checked and nothing was wrong so they were able to get their first choice!!

You do not have to go to the office. Just call and the person you are talking to can view a copy of your app and tell you the problem.

My son's app was rejected even though the SS# he put down was correct. The person entering the data mis-read a 4 instead of a 9. They gave him a tag.

Yes you can get a copy but as I am sure you have found out they will still take your app fee and you will not get a bonus point for that year plus you will loose your loyalty point. :( Bummer I know cause I have done it. :(

I called G&F, their answer: You filled out the first two letters, but failed to enter any of the numbers...

My sinking feeling just burst out my bellybutton, I remember that I didn't input the full license number originally because I didn't have my 09' license at my desk with me; later I forgot to finish filling out the numbers before putting the stamps on the envelopes... No bonus points, lost loyalty points as well. :angry: :(

Ugh, Thanks for all the advise though, hopefully someone out there will call in on their applications and get the mythical G&F error reimbursement tag.

T

that sucks sorry to hear that :blink: BTW your buck in your avatar looks like he is dying of starvation ;)