muskrat

24B October Advice

A friend (a member here as a matter of fact) was kind enough to offer to take me under his wing for this hunt, as I am not very familiar with the Unit. A couple of years ago, I poked around the Hewitt Station road pretty extensively during archery season, but that is about it.

Even though I have a coach, I want to do my part also in learning as much as I can about this hunt. Any advice, tips, or other information are appreciated. Not looking for spots - just strategy, habits, your past experiences, etc.

Thanks!

Marshall

PS - I have a funny feeling about this tag - maybe I'll finally break the curse!

you should try up around pinto valley area, lot of good deer in those neck of the woods or even out torwards roosavelt lake on the west side of the road,

hey muskrat, I have the same tag, first time drawing it (along with my brother and dad), we are just going to get out there and scout,scout, scout! Good luck on your hunt, I hope you find what your looking for.

-Jared

I have the same hunt. This will be my fourth year in a row having that hunt. They are there, i'm sure you will bag one if you do some scouting. Good luck.

Add me to the list. We have the Oct 23-29th hunt....my brother, a friend from work and I. We've had this hunt for 3 years now.

Well am looking forward to my hunt. At least one member offered to tag along, but not sure how schedules will jive. When he's not with me, I'll probably be alone, so if anyone wants to pair up, let me know.

Otherwise, good luck!

Between my brother,my dad and I we have scouted out quite a few bucks with some being over the 100" mark. We have also scouted a few areas that yielded nothing more than does and spikes. We are pretty pumped for our "plan a" spot, I will keep you all updated if we have any luck next weekend.

My brother and I have the same area But the Oct - Nov hunt right after yours.

My two Brothers and I have the Oct-nov hunt too. This will be our first hunt in this area (usually get unit 23) so it should be interesting. im wondering, where do people tend to camp? I have no problem camping close to people, but am a little worried about the amount of hunters in the area.