Sign in to follow this  
arizonaelitefreak

30b? any thoughts

My dad , brother and I drew 30b mullie from the left overs and have never hunted this unit does anyone have any thoughts on where to go ? Ive recently purchased a good topo of this unit through mytopo but would like some feedback on this unit and maybe some ideas on where we should start! Thanks guys for any info in advance!!

CJ

Good luck, access to public land is a real problem in the area. There is some great country if you can get permission from landowners. G&F isn't kidding when they warn you about access in this unit :(

that is what Im worried about, and I dont know the first thing on were to start in finding out who I can talk to about permission to some of this land! :(

that is what Im worried about, and I dont know the first thing on were to start in finding out who I can talk to about permission to some of this land! :(

When my husband and I came across a situation like that, we spoke to the unit game manager to get landowner names and ranch names, then I went home and got on the internet too look them up. It really helps out if you can go do some scouting and when you talk to the landowners and let them know that you have looked around, it seemed to make an impression on the landowners that we were out looking and not just trying to get access to their property.

I will send you a little info via P.M. I have taken 4 mulies down there over the years, but it is not what it used to be. Most of the best hunting is on or around private land, and occasionally a nice buck or two. There are spots on public land, just as long as your expectations are not set to high.

thanks snapshot any info would be great, you always want a great buck but since ive only ever harvested one mullie in my lifetime im not so sure that im after a trophy im thinkin anything with horns is looking good, thaks again will wait to hear from you!

havent really given it that much thought yet, waiting on the topo i ordered and some info from some friends then we'll decide!

Grew up about 5 miles from the dragoons and did a lot of riding/hunting/hiking in the unit. Great dear area, access really isn't too bad. Most of the ranchers in the area are pretty friendly. There is a decent bit of forest service. Some good areas by courtland/gleason. Let me know if you want some ideas/specifics. I'll help out all I can.

snapshot is right most good places are in or around private land so do some good scouting and you should be good if your not hunting for a trophy you are pretty much guaranteed to get a buck in that unit it is very easy. Anyways good luck.