Sign in to follow this  
Redman

DID ANYBODY SEE THIS?

I think the whole problem with this is the airsoft gun. While it is airsoft they do look pretty legit. Its unfortunate that the public is so afraid of guns. In Idaho a few years back we went into a resturaunt after a morning hunt and the guy we were with told me to bring my rifle in. I was thinking heck no the people will think we are crazy. The waitress looked at us, and then turned and finished doing what she was doing, and said "guns in the corner boys" So we set our rifles next to a few already there. I thought that was pretty cool at 14 years old. I wish most people had the same outlook. Its too bad he was charged

"while the police didn't think he did anything wrong they charged him for disorderly conduct"? WTF! Just because some lady freaks he gets charged while doing nothing illegal!

I don't think he should have brought the rifle, however, are we now such a police state that every flippin thing gets cited? What happened to a scolding and being sent on your way like when I was a kid? I am tired of where this society is headed regarding no common sense in public office.

ajohunter is right. carry a gun about anywhere in this state and it's legal. i don't agree with him packin' the toy gun. don't understand the need of that at all. but it ain't illegal. not even in snottsdale. i think scottsdale just screwed itself. any attorney could stuff this someplace painful. typical cops. he's lucky they didn't shoot him. i pack a .45 every morning when i ride my bike. stop and talk to my cop neighbor several times a month while he's out joggin' and all he says is he wishes the pistola was his. Lark.

Arizona is an open carry state. Even if the rifle was real there would have been no laws broken.

True, however to keep a good name to gun owners there are some things that don't need to be done. Carrying around hikers around town is one of them.

what if it was deer seaon and a guy had a tag and was walking around with camo and rifle and a couple granola bars called it in and were scared? granted, it probably wouldn't have been in snottsdale, but it's still the same situation. there was no reason to arrest this kid. like i said, i pack a gun on my bike or when i'm riding a mule or horse around. what if somebody decided i scared em? we have liberal gun laws in Az. folks need to be aware of it. a person shouldn't get arrested for excercising their rights. cops should use discretion. i don't have a problem with em investigating it. they have to. but use some sense. Lark.

As an ex LEO from the city of Scottsdale I'm ashamed to hear he was charged. I dont see a problem with anybody that is legal to carry in the state, carrying where it is legal to do so.

The more we let the left chip away at our rights the faster our rights will fall. It's about time America wakes up and takes a stand on what we have left before nothing is left worth fighting for.