Sign in to follow this  
skeeter

'09 archery antelope hunt

GO GET THAT SUCKA!! If not for you, for every other dude that got frustrated out there, me included. I had a 21 tag, spot n scare style is what I was after, and would have to say I definately succeeded on the scaring part. I hunted this buck exclusively....but could only get bout 100yds before gettin busted every time. This pic is the last chance I had to get him. He had a lil buck with him and 3 does. From where I took this pic was 100yds of open meadow, so I had some time to kill hoping that they would get up and wander in my direction. Of course the wind changed direction and sealed my fate. Best of luck on your final days fellow goat hunter. Im ROOT'N for our team!

post-3328-1251910769_thumb.jpg

Well yesterday was the last day, & I have the memories of a great hunt to show. The rut was off this year from what I observed. there was only one instance in 12 days of another buck trying to steal does, & the usual does trying to run away from the bucks were almost non-existent. & like you Johnnie Blaze the wind was uncooperative. The saddest part for me is knowing that the buck I was after for 12 days is dead this morning as today is opening day of rifle season, & @ least a couple guys were watching him. Oh well back to work for a couple days & off to unit 8 Archery Bull! hopefully with better luck. Thanks for all the support guys, Jed

Ya know they say it not alway the kill to have a good hunt (we know you can kill though). Would have been nice to see you get the double again this year.

Good luck on your elk hunt!! Dont work to hard the next couple days.

Otis

Thanks for sharing your hunt with us and hopefully you will draw another tag soon. Sorry you didn't score but it sounded like you hit it hard and definately have a bunch of memories that will last a live time to share around a camp fire. :)

TJ