Sign in to follow this  
Buckhunter

Rocky MNT Big horns

Finally got my wife out to check out some deer. She wanted to sit my treestand before I took it down to watch some animals up close. On the way in We were greeted by a solid 300 lbs jet Black bear. He ran in the road away from us for a good 50 yards then bailed off the mountain. She was pumped up. On the way in to my stand we herd some Bugeling and chirps. Soon as we were climbing in we here a fawn distress call pretty close. I told my wife that sounds way to familair. There was A guy calling for a solid 30 mins, freaking loads as it could go.(Fox Pro). So we took down the stand and went to the truck. As we were walking out I checked my gut pile from my buck last week, not a bit left. just a wet spot.

We made a stand down in the Desert and jumped a Bobcat missed him at 100 yards walking away. Bummed.

So we left their and started to cross the bridge and looked up to find the same sheep from last year up above me. This time there were 2 Ewes and 2 yearlings. One Ewe had a collar. My wife was really excited to see alot in one day. Weird, I see Deer all the time on the road. Didn't see any. What a fun time to spend the Day in the outdoors with a Loved one.

post-2044-1251843311_thumb.jpg

post-2044-1251843344_thumb.jpg

post-2044-1251843371_thumb.jpg

post-2044-1251843399_thumb.jpg

post-2044-1251843443_thumb.jpg

those are not Rocky Mtn bighorns, they are Desert bighorns. You can tell by the saguaro's in the background. :D :D :D

Actually Rockies are bigger bodied and a little darker than the deserts as well.

Two ewes and two lambs equal good reproduction, that is always good to see.

I was told by a buddy who has hunted them alot and told me there Rockies, Game and Fish pulled tags out of the area becuase they could not locate them. I don't know much about sheep anyway. I thought they were Deserts myself.