Sign in to follow this  
denny

vortex skyline anyone using one

wanting to by a spotting scope but could not find any reviews on the vortex skyline 20 60 80mm any suggestions. i have swaros 15x56 will skyline scope give better clarity any info. will help worried since price of scope is not all that much looked through it at store but want some field use info. thanx

My buddy has one ( I think it's that model) it was their best one before they came out with the Razor HD, anyway the one he has is pretty impressive- especially considering the price. I have been so impressed with Vortex that I recently consulted on a purchase with a client that ordered 5 Razor HDs and 25 Viper 8.5x50s, almost $25K in optics.

Dennis

I have one, bought it from Doug at Cameraland. They are a good scope. Pretty clear, slightly under par of a Swaro or Kowa scope. If you had the money, I would go with a Kowa. They are the best spotters.

If money IS an issue, these Vortex Skylines are not a bad way to go. Call Doug and ask him about them (he is a sponsor of this site). He will give you a good rundown of what to expect. Good luck.

I have one it is a good scope for the money. Would rather have a swaro but it is double the price. Comparing it to my swaro binos the clarity is very good but the light gathering is not quite as good but still nothing to complain about.

thanx for the info the guy at sportsmans said i wouldnt be able to tell between the hd skyline and non hd.

Check out Eagle Optics website. They have the Skyline ED for sale at a price real close to the regular Skyline. I'm thinking about picking one up right now.

JDH

finally starting to see some reviews on other sights some good some bad? thats a pretty good deal at eagle optics