Sign in to follow this  
yote sniper

leupold (cds) scope

I just "re-scoped" a couple rifles, and I was looking hard at the cds. What I learned from the guys at leupold is that the cds has only one full twist of elevation adjustment in the cds scope. He said that in the 270 short I was setting up that would get me out to 500-600 with a 200 yard zero. If that works for you I would go for it. If you want/ need to shoot out past 600 you would need the true "tall" target turret.

Whitey

i ain't for sure what mine is called. kids bought it for me when i retired. it's a varix 3, 6.5x20x40 with a custom reticle that is set up for my handloads in my .300. i put it on my gun long enough to figger out the barrel was no good and that's all i've used it so far. it has dots out to 500 and then a tall turret takes it on out to 1000. Lark.

I just bought one. glass is beautiful. Just shot the thing to get my velocity, called it in and after waiting 15 minutes a nice lady took th e info and said the new etched turret would be on its way.

I am curious though, as to why they did not make it available on a scope with parallax adjustment. Seems the two would kinda go together. Having put on 6.5x20LR by the custom shop. Should know more in a couple weeks.

I like the fact that I only have one reticle to look at and it is not necessary to have it set at a cetain magnification like my varmit hunter reticles.