Sign in to follow this  
standman

Giant Bull Elk

Well if you look in and listen to the Video you can narrow the unit down pretty easy ....that is to at least 2 units ....but I still hold to the unit I mentioned there is a reason that it looks like a certain type bull .... Maybe cause they only have to hop a fence line... and many do.... many do seen em tons of times and lots of monsters ......

Well if you look in and listen to the Video you can narrow the unit down pretty easy ....that is to at least 2 units ....but I still hold to the unit I mentioned there is a reason that it looks like a certain type bull .... Maybe cause they only have to hop a fence line... and many do.... many do seen em tons of times and lots of monsters ......

You are barking up the wrong tree there... not a Rez bull.... ;) So I guess we are back to guessing what unit.... :rolleyes: :lol: :P

If A bull Jumps a fence to the other side(and they do alot in a few units) your right he is no longer a rez bull...lol... The only difference if you get that lucky in your timing, is the savings of about $21,879.50 on a 375" or larger bull

Coues N' Sheep, thank you for the kind words. This hunt was by far the most challenging archery rut hunt I have ever experienced. Yes, this bull was killed in Arizona, but that's about all I can say about that. This is by far the largest straight 6x6 bull I have ever seen on the hoof. It was a real pleasure to be included on this hunt, and my congratulations to Mike, the hunter. This bull was actually discovered by my good friend that helping scout for this hunt. We had gone in looking for a different bull we had seen at over a mile away, and that we estimated would go approximately 390". Needless to say, when we found this bull it was everything we had put into him. Mike did an incredible job stalking in alone on this bull. The bull will unofficially score over 420. Definitely a bull of a lifetime.

Thanks for all of the positive comments about Michael's bull, he definitely deserves a bull like this with all of the time he has hunted these awesome animals. I believe this bull probably was lost and found himself on the wrong side of a barbed wire fence. He definitely has some serious character. The rut was tough this year and the bugling was down. I think it is due somewhat to a severely dry August and the cows didn't cycle on normal time. Also the dark moon I think played havoc with all of us elk hunters this year. Take care and lets get fired up for Coues season. Good Hunting to all!