Sign in to follow this  
BeardownAZ

New to Coues country

I am a Mulie(carp : :( ) hunter who has lived his whole life in the Graham/Greenlee area except my military time. I am hunting my first true dedicated Whitetail hunt in Unit 31 in 2 weeks. I recognize quite a few people on this forum and figured this forum would be of some help. I am thinking about the area around Sand Tanks or the opposite side of Klondyke Rd toward the west side of Tripp Canyon. I hear its a good area but will find out on the 23rd I suppose. I also hear Stockton Pass can become a city during the hunts, I've only varmint called there. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated. I guess we'll see if I can let go of Mulies only and try something new. Thanks in advance.

Well let me start by saying it takes alot for me to help out a Wildcat fan. LOL but ya you are right Stockton pass is a little city but Last year I saw some nice bucks behind Fort Grant and just on top of the pass on south side of highway as far as Sand Tanks I have herd some good things about that area maybe try Turkey Creek ,I hope you get the buck your looking for I have the same hunt so I'm pretty excited I've seen some nice bucks so far nothing over a 100 but I would be happy with the one's i've seen I hope to see some pic's of your deer once again good luck and GO DEVILS.

Hi ,Im new also, this is going to sound dumb but how do I start a new post ? I want to ask if there is anyone drawn for the 12a east early hunt that is going up to hunt alone, as I am, I did not expect to get drawn but can not wait to go THANKS!

Swordfish,

Simply click on NEW TOPIC instead of ADD REPLY. :) Fill in the blanks, scroll down, click on add new topic and Voula!!

Welcome!!!!

BTW, TOO ALL listing particullar places in certain units on the public forum, IT'S NOT VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU MAY BE WANTING TO HELP one hunter, but at the the same time your sending god knows how many others to those places. If you must tell someone, tell just them, not the whole world. I.E Use the personnal messageing!!! when speaking of exact locations.

LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS. It's a free country but come on.........

I've got a list I'm gonna keep of all you blabber mouths. The List will be titled, " People to Never Ever tell about my spots, because they will invite the whole flippin world to join me".

It's just a no-no, not a cool thing to do!! IMO

Pretty general areas, you would pick up just as much from the AZGF site. I for one like the welcome this site usually gives. I have learned a lot from the information shared here and do appriciate it. I would say keep it up and if you dont want to share thats good, but dont slap hands if someone alse does.

Just my opinion for what you take it.

An Old "unspoken" law omungst Hunters passed down from time to time that is dyeing I guess. I've learned it from others and believe it though.

Good luck on your hunts, Johny your on that list of notellums, . lol . But when you can keep a secret from the masses I'll tell ya a real good spot to kill a buck.

:ph34r: Notellum Canyon is the best spot in the world anyways :ph34r: These guys are full of it, there ain't no deer in 31 :lol: :lol: :lol:

But if that's how you feel johny, what is the exact spot you will be hunting so I can make a New Topic to tell hundreds of folks about it who are interested in reading about 22 and many of whom need a spot to kill a buck in that unit, this year. So What's the name of your favorite honey hole huh? the one your counting on to fill the freezer? . That's what's just happened here for someone, I guarantee it. Would feel pretty S$#!^? huh.

You've got some good places to look now BearDown, Not!!! So do a hundred other people!!!!! That's how little cities spring up in the good places dureing hunting season. Eventually have campgrounds, picnic areas, parking lot's, and etc. etc..........It's sad. <_<

I can see the look on the old mans face now, sitting his "secret tank" opening morning and some dude walking up spooking his buck talking about how he read about the tank/canyon/saddle etc. on a public Internet post, said it's the best spot for the unit !!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: . :ph34r: :ph34r: :blink: :blink: :lol: :lol:

Is there an xo or ox canyon in this unit? Bar none, Somebody told/showed someone of their secret in this state. I get a big kick out of the one's that say they found this place on their own... I think I will use that PM system more often myself. :D

I would have to agree 100% with AZantlerhead on this topic. Arizona's secret honey holes are drying up pretty fast and the more we talk the faster they will be gone. I am not saying lets be jerks about our secret hunting areas but we need to use a little discretion.

I would have to agree 100% with AZantlerhead on this topic. Arizona's secret honey holes are drying up pretty fast and the more we talk the faster they will be gone. I am not saying lets be jerks about our secret hunting areas but we need to use a little discretion.

+1!!!

+1!!!

+2!!! ;)